Just a jam called Momentum

Started by SE, March 18, 2009, 06:57:47 AM

SE

MOMENTUM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Was jamming around last night and came up with this, did,nt start off too rocky but ended up that way. Funny how things turn out, hope my singing does,nt hurt your ears!!!!!

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

Hey! This is really good! Real, raw power in the vocal, and some very nice chord changes. I think the production is great, but if it were me, I'd tone the lead guitar part down a bit on the verses to add some contrast, then let it kick in on the bridge. Just a suggestion. It's a real rocker, this one. Bruce Dickinson himself couldn't have sung it any better!

lg

I liked this alot.
Nice rocker and your singing was very good.
I downloaded it and its going on my mp3 player so I can hear it more.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Hey thanks Greeny and Ig for your kind reply. Can see where you,re coming from Greeny will try to redo guitar and see how it sounds.

Thanks again

John

recorder
Boss BR-80

The Reverend 48

Well Done  8) I agree with Greeny the lead is to high in the mix..Lets hear more

tafka

great post.great voice too.
personally i woud go for a cleaner tone.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Ferryman

Quote from: side effect on March 18, 2009, 06:57:47 AMhope my singing does,nt hurt your ears!!!!!

Not at all. As others have said, your singing is great, you have good control over pitch and a nice strong voice. I really enjoyed this and love to hear folks throwing ideas down and coming up with really strong material. It's funny how those that aren't regular singers and give vocals a shot often feel uncertain about them, I guess because they don't hear themselves sing that much.

I also found the lead sound a bit harsh - you could take a bit of the top end off what you have already recorded by applying a mastering effect just to that track and changing the EQ to save you re-recording it.

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

knniggits

Great vocals,you've got a very distinctive style,very coool  8)
Taranteno should use this in his next movie  ;D

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

dragonshade

Messing around last night???  :) LOVE the vocals, are they all just improvised??? Excellent!

(In my headphones the lead dist. guitar does sound like it's clipping some)

SE

MOMENT03
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi everyone thanks for your imput have remixed and re -recorded the lead hope it sound a little better.
Thanks Nigel, but never really sang before I got the MBR
Thanks for asking Dragonshade,had a jam and came up with the music last night and wrote the liryics this morning in about an hour.
recorder
Boss BR-80