Your Ideal Guitar Spec

Started by Greeny, May 15, 2014, 10:24:26 AM

Greeny

I've realised - after years of playing guitar - that I know exactly what spec I want for my ideal guitar. So, assuming that money is no object  ::), what are you having?

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I want (so badly!)...

A Fender Telecaster Deluxe

With two P90 Soapbar pick-ups (cream finish)

A maple neck

An aged cream pearl pickguard

And a green-burst body finish like this...

Yeah... that'll do it.

henwrench

OK, same here....I lie in bed at night dreaming about this sort of thing...

I'll start with my 'ideal' bass...

Fender Jazz shape body and neck with a pink paint job that would also extend to the oversize headstock and white pick guard. Block markers on the neck. Precision pick up arrangement. Because of the P style P'ups there would be a redundant rotary control which I'd have re-wired to electrocute anyone who moved it. Not like it would kill them or anything...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Bass - yes. a Jazz with rosewood fretboard, low, fast action. See that's not hard.

Colour? Not really. Black or white will do.

I'd love an American Strat. Black, or white. Maple fretboard. Humbucker, Single Humbucker with a Floyd Rose.

Yep.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

I'd like a custom made Tele, with a lipstick pickup at the neck and a split coil enabled bucker at the bridge. A Floyd rose tremolo. Maple neck, jumbo frets. White.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

na_th_an

A worn out fender jaguar or fender Bass VI, sunburst. Rusty pickups with a grainy tone.

I won't be able to get one EVER :lol:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Adobe Audition

Johnny Robbo

OK... here's my dream machine:

Basically, a strat with...

22 (medium/jumbo) fret 12" radius neck & rosewood fingerboard
Pearloid fret markers
Grover machine heads
2 tone sunburst ash body
"Hard-tail" strat style bridge
1 x P90 (neck position)
1 x Seymour Duncan '59 (bridge position)
Both pickups wired out-of-phase for that "Peter Green" sound in the middle position
Tortoiseshell pickguard
Telecaster style volume control (no tone control - never used one in 30-odd years of playing)
Treble bleed cap on volume control (so the sound doesn't get all muddy when I back the volume off to clean the sound up)

Give me that guitar, strung with a set of D'Addario 11s & I'd be a happy chappy!  ;D
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Greeny

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on May 20, 2014, 03:38:57 AMGive me that guitar, strung with a set of D'Addario 11s & I'd be a happy chappy!  ;D

Nice spec! Would be happy with that myself!

Agree about Tone Controls... I never use them either. In fact, I just have everything on max all the time, and get variations by pickup selection and controlling the volume at the input / recording source.

IanR

Give me either a Gibson ES-335 or a Telecaster Thinline please!!

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One