Take my Hand (Hilary)

Started by Hilary, May 15, 2014, 08:40:03 AM

Hilary

take my hand 2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
There's a songwriting thread about how I wrote this song "Everyone's writing process" https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3381.msg259553;topicseen#new and this is how it came out.

LitBR, tenor uke, internal mics.

Take my hand

Take my hand and know I love you
Take my hand and know I'm true
Take my hand and hold me in your heart
And know that I will always love you

So take my hand, we'll walk together
And chase all the blues away
And take my hand and hold me in your heart
Hold me now, forever and a day

Take my hand along our journey
Take my hand and hold it true
Take my hand and know I love you
Take me with you in everything you do

And stay close by my side
In everything you do
And know down deep in your very heart
I will always love you

Take my Hand
written and performed
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Johnny Robbo

What a lovely song! It sounds instantly familiar in the way a well crafted song should. Bravo... nice one :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Jarle

Sweet. I love your voice in this.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Pure, direct and sweetly delivered. This is songcrafting at its best. It really has a timeless quality.

Hilary

Quote from: Greeny on May 16, 2014, 01:55:40 AMPure, direct and sweetly delivered. This is songcrafting at its best. It really has a timeless quality.

Oh what a sweetheart!

Thanks guys - funnily enough I woke up and I'd been dreaming I was singing this song, so I had it in mind to revisit it from my original idea and then the thread popped up again the same day (everyone's writing process). Synergy!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SwanSong

Loving this song of yours ever so much . very meaningful lyrics
and lovely singing beside uke playing.. u have great potential
in all aspects wish u the best NEIL.!

taffsdad

Hilary was expecting a comedy song...ps love humour in Art, Music and life....wasn't dissappointed when I heard this really beautiful song, loved the writing...the words...ps Im well known for stating the obvios...and well known for not being able to type it.....really looking forward to hearing you more...in fact if your ever gigging up Durham way will definitely be coming to the gig..... :)...Im a bit tempted to experiment with all those boxes above that M that's moving looks intriguing....better go before I press something I shouldn't.. 
Be Kind Rewind

Hilary

Quote from: taffsdad on May 16, 2014, 03:59:12 PMHilary was expecting a comedy song...ps love humour in Art, Music and life....wasn't dissappointed when I heard this really beautiful song, loved the writing...the words...

I don't actually post any of my comedy songs on here as I'm still gigging with them but I have posted a few humorous songs here (err that I don't gig with). Songcrafters is my little refuge where I can do all the other stuff and leave the business end behind :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

Quote from: taffsdad on May 16, 2014, 03:59:12 PM. . .in fact if your ever gigging up Durham way will definitely be coming to the gig.....

Do you know, I've been a Songcrafter member for over 2 years now and you are the first person to say that they'd like to come to one of my gigs to see me perform. I don't usually get as far as Durham but thanks anyway :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

taffsdad

Hilary not sure how to reply directly to comments...but reply button seems good place to start.....one day you might get up here, I think theres a good comedy scene up here probably in Newcastle upon Tyne...im out in the wilds so only get to the city now and again...but really would like to see you, Comedy and Music...cant think of anything better...not only comedy but a great song...really loved it you are a good writer the words well you know what the words are about probably touched a lot of people...............feel good song actually...:-) ps Im Spike milligan so sometimes my humour gets a bit....ps was in Florida and had great time tellin Jokes no one could understand a word I said...Geordie Accent I think they thought I was from another planet.......Im saying nowt :-)..pps good job I read this before posting IM NOT SPIKE I meant to say im into Spike......you probably got an idea what Im like now LOL
Be Kind Rewind