"I'm on the run" a SE and Geir original

Started by Geir, May 13, 2014, 06:01:57 PM

Geir

SE&Geir - I'm on the run
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SE posted this in collabs and asked for additions : https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=20959.0

Well I've had it on my MBR80 for a while now, and finally *I finished it tonight.

Recorded in Dubai, Porsgrunn & Bamble ........

I'm on the run
Words:Geir / Music: SE&Geir
SE: Guitars, bass and drum-programming
Geir: Vocals, guitar and keys
I'm on the run
The future is catching up
I'm on the run

They say the future is so bright
I heard it said just last night
They've been saying it for years So I guess I'm right
the future is now

I've got the guide to the galaxy in my hands
I can speak at any time to my friends in foreign lands
I can walk through any city in my living room
And soon I'll have my holiday on the moon

I can play the grand piano when I'm on a bus
I can read Esperanto but can I trust
The face of the current minister
My brain's getting blisters
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

As usual, I like the guitars. But that organ in there is a nice touch, too. That "i'm on the run" repeated line (yeah, obviously the title) works very, very well for me. I truly enjoyed listening to this and it doesn't sound tacked on or added on later even a bit.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Redler

Awesome rocker, guys!! Guitars sound so good here! Really cool ROCK lyric and Geir's vocals are just great! "I'm on the run..." that's very impressive and cathcy. More please!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

I can play the grand piano on the bus........love it.
A song describing the modern way of living and how we can be anywhere with the touch of a computer tablet.
The line I'm on the run is very catchy and the performance by both you guys is top notch.
Another great songcrafter collab
Well done guys.

Greeny

Love the lyric. Especially 'I can play the grand piano on the bus' :-)

This a really catchy pop-rocker. Everything is perfectly balanced and your vocal delivery is both stylish and forceful. Love the organ, guitars, bass... everything!

A brilliant collab. Straight onto listen number two...

Jarle

Great collab guys. A really catchy chorus.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

braw to my scottish friend and bra to my viking friend. the organ and backing vox at chorus reminds me of nick cave and the bad seeds. fabulous.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnny Robbo

Excellent!!! Love the slightly retro vibe... I can almost smell the whisky & smoke in those vocals. Some superb guitar work too. Loved it!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

cuthbert

This is terrific. You guys really kept it spontaneous-sounding: the bass and drums and organ are locked-in, love all the guitar flourishes, and the vocals are out of this world. And what a chorus - very catchy!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

I recorded this a while ago when on holiday and just could,nt come up with a lyric so I posted it in collabs and hoped someone would pick it up and then Geir came to the rescue, to say I,m pleased is an understatement, he,s picked up a wee track and turned it in to an excellent song,so big respect!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80