would you survive?

Started by StevieM, March 17, 2009, 12:47:34 PM

StevieM

We had power cuts last night, it was on and off for ages, like a blo*dy disco at one point ;D.
Made me think though, how about if there was NO electricity, or other modern conveniences at all?
Would you cope, would you even survive??
What would you miss most?
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Kody

I could really get deep into this one~ I've thought about this before~ Really, not too long ago, our very ancestors lived their whole lives with no electricity~ Look at us now ;D

The one thing I can think of that would help me cope is the good old acoustic~ The finest invention since wood!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

StevieM

Ok, so get really deep!
It'd probably be a bit difficult adjusting at first, but I think I'd be alright. I can make things, could find and grow food, can make weapons for hunting and defence.
I suppose making historical stuff, and doing re-enactment helps, but always been a country boy anyway

Would miss the internet ( particularly places like here ;D), phones and CD's, but get used to it quite quickly probably.

At least there'd still be music, always has been. Acoustics, Drums, horns made from things like------Horn! Even just a simple bent stick with one string, stuck in a box, or maybe a native american mouth bow.
Yep, I'd survive. In some ways maybe even be happier?

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

I could live without electricity. Sort of!  I would miss my cell phone. And not because I talk on it  much.  More the security if I have a flat tire etc.  I can call for help.  And yes the internet.  BUT music would survive.  I have a start I have a bongo drum LOL

Greeny

I'd miss electric guitars, but I could survive on acoustic music, painting, open fires and love...  :)

Ferryman

I'd be stuffed. 21st century boy, me.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

we had a major blackout about 5 years ago-on our usual jam night-my buddy played drums with brushes-hammered out rythyms with an acoustic by candlelight-was much fun
of course the bummer was no recording

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder