- Kurt Vonnegut.

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

Here's my little BAFTA ceremony...

Best thing on TV in recent years: Breaking Bad (2nd place: Sons of Anarchy)

Biggest cop out of an ending, making me feel I'd wasted 6 years of my life following the series avidly: LOST

Box set I watch more than any other: Porridge (Father Ted being a close 2nd)

Best current UK drama: Line of Duty

The show I look forward to most each week: Gogglebox (Steph & Dom... brilliant!)

Funniest person currently on TV: Dara O'Briain (superb live show too!)

Most irritating person currently on TV: Split decision between Henning Wehn & Keith Lemon

Lifetime achievement for best comedy act ever on TV: Morecambe & Wise (I'm playing all the RIGHT notes... not necessarily in the right order!)

Lifetime achievement for worst comedy act ever on TV: Jim "Nick Nick" Davison

Best documentary series ever broadcast: The World At War

Newsreader most often out of his depth who can't tell his anus from a hole in the ground: Eamonn Holmes (SKY News)

Best "reality" show: Man vs. Food

Best UK drama of the last 20 years: Our Friends in the North

And finally, the award for the show which, alone, is worth the licence fee: QI
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

This was one I watched a lot in the 70's

cuthbert

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 11, 2014, 04:43:39 PMbut krister henriksson is wallander.

i'm rambling now. but my god it's good. just watched season 1 episode 1 again for the first time in a long time, as my scandi friends say... bra!

This version was the first version of 'Wallander' I'd ever seen, and I think it's great. I haven't seen the earlier series with Rolf Lassgård, but I have also seen the Kenneth Branagh version, and it paled a bit in comparison.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hook

I would like to watch more TV or at least more that I really like but I'm not terribly motivated to get involved in a series. I've watched about 5 episodes of Lillyhammer & as good as it is I have to read the whole episode. It doesn't bother me in the least but it means devoting all my attention for the hour and I hardly have that kind of time at home. I've watched a few episodes of Copper & it's very good & I've seen the 1st 3 Sherlock & really enjoyed them. House of Cards looks great but I just haven't found the time. My family however just watched all 7 seasons of lost over the last month or 2 and I caught some of it, pretty good until the last season. My oldest kid & wife both speak ASL (American Sign Language) & watch Switched At Birth...so I've seen lots of that & I've seen most of Once Upon A Time with the family...ehhh.
I mostly enjoy the Today Show in the morning with my coffee before my morning gig & shows like Survivorman, or other documentary style reality shows,Mountain Men, Swamp People & History Channel stuff that I can do other things while the TV's on. I also like super hero cartoons if we are being completely honest!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

danieldesete

hou hou ha ha