Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 24, 2014, 05:08:31 PMperhaps.

Oh, what a word. Strangely, I've taken to employing the word 'possibly' at any given opportunity. It's driving them all fucking mad. Perhaps.

Or possibly, even.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

possibly...............perhaps....................ya currant
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 10, 2014, 02:36:24 PMmy gawd ice cream for crow.
thats so real it hurts.......my mind is not programmed to hear such beauty...........it has to come in from one side, sneak up and WHAM..............then I understand...for a minute or two........but alas it is gone again.......lets hear that one again..........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

and here I was tonight trying to write down lyrics for a song.....and now watching all this Beefheart.......I am f&cked now.............my brain has a wedge in it now.........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quotemy brain has a wedge in it now.........
there is your first line right there.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

taffsdad

And is this line available for any passing thought to use as inspiration for song like creation.....If I learn by my mistakes I must be  A Geniieus.....
Be Kind Rewind

T.C. Elliott

Use it. Abuse it. Be creative. That's my motto (or it might be now that I thought of it.) We should have a "first line" challenge. Post the first line and then see how many different songs we can get from it. That would be a great line to use.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

henwrench

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on May 25, 2014, 08:48:15 AMWe should have a "first line" challenge. Post the first line and then see how many different songs we can get from it.

That's a cool idea...

First Line Fest anyone?

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

Yeah. Either have a couple of first lines to choose from or post a new one a month in (so as to provide more options in the fest) or have a Famous First Line Fest where the challenge is to take the first line from an existing song and write a different song using it as your first line.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London