"iDrone" a Hook original for DroneFest

Started by Hook, May 06, 2014, 06:36:23 PM

Jarle

Wonderful song. The drone adds an extra dimension to the song, and the vocal harmonies are great.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnny Robbo

I agree with the previous Zep comparisons. This is superb!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

T.C. Elliott

I like the mountain dulcimer quite a bit. It was the first option I thought about for drone fest and I'm glad someone used it. Although I haven't heard much of the dronefest entries so maybe it's more common than I thought. It works great for me and I thought you did a great job with the vocal melody to compliment the dulcimer.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SwanSong

Simply marvelous another great Hook original
perhaps one of your best in my opinion. loved'
the harmonies especially..great job NEIL.!

Nelson

Mon, I thought I commented on this last week.
Your voice sounds so freaking good on this and it blends wonderfully with the dulcimer.

Just love the raw production, feel... every thing isn't meant to be pristine.

Nice piece of work.

Droning? 

If I play one chord for the verse and another for the chorus, would that be considered droning?
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

I thought I'd commented on this too. It's really beautiful. There's a lofty, airy feel to it - like an eagle circling above a mountain (or something). The sound of the dulcimer is divine, and your multi-tracked vocals are really warm and soothing. Beautiful! Don't change a thing! It reminds me of Geir's songwriting for some reason.

Farrell Jackson

The layered and droning vocals are great Hook! The dulcimer is sweet.....a perfect instrument for the drone fest!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Brilliant hook,such an atmospheric song.
From the drone beginning it draws you in.
Nice harmonies .

Drone goodness my friend, it appears this new studio is just as productive as the last with an all round sound that is so pleasing to the ear.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800