"Gibberish" a Geir original

Started by Geir, May 03, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Hook

You are so cool! Droneaciously Fandeonetastic my brother!
Fest On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

Different and inventive. This requires a lot from the listener, well done brother.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Fuck me, this is outstanding. The opening line reminded me of a favourite song of mine: 'The Electrician' by The Walker Brothers, and the song carries a similar psyched-up vibe. The guitar-widdling is brilliantly inventive but SO tight, and the base layer of drone has a didgeredoo quality about it. Cool spoken sections too. You flippin' genius.

Geir

Thanks for the kind words gents !!

Quote from: bflat81 on May 04, 2014, 06:16:03 AMCould you please translate the norwegian lyrics ? Thanks!
I could, but it would take the mystery out of it ;D .... no seriously, it's just random words without any meaning, except the last sentence. ... the three first words are "hairdryer", "bicycle pump" and "book cover"  ::) I just had this idea of a song about not understanding what's going on around you and I realised I had a tool I had not used before. I speak a language most people don't understand a word of .....

the last sentence translates to :"let us for a moment try to see this in the light of the New Testament", and is a quote taken from The Wings album "Back to the egg", at the end of the intro, just before "Getting closer" starts, there's a Norwegian voice in the right channel saying these words.

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 04, 2014, 02:05:57 AMmagic love the vocal effect that changes you voice into norwegian,
that would be the lungemoser

weirdo me ?

yep ! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bflat81

Quote from: Geir on May 08, 2014, 06:19:38 AM
Ha ha! Cool! thanks for the explanation! You reached your goal , and the Norwegian part sounded very cool!

T.C. Elliott

I really love that drone, it's meaty and has some hair. And the guitars grabbed me, too. I'm purely jealous of both.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

henwrench

Geir, you droned it!!   ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

This piece is flippin kool, the Coolest!!  Norwegian lyrics sounds great here!  i want more of this magic and mystery Geir...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Farrell Jackson

My ears are under attack by a thousand droning didgeridoos and I love it! The guitar soloing is psychedelic to the maximum...yes I like this one Geir!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?