Cassilda's Song - a bit scary.........

Started by Ferryman, March 16, 2009, 08:04:30 PM

Janpol1953

What a sound, and what a performance!
After earing that I ask myself "What are you doing here with so musically brilliant people?"
Respect... Et Bravo!
Rien ne sert d'espérer pour entreprendre... Ni de réussir pour persévérer!

Site Web général
Site Web  dédié Georges Brassens

Ferryman

Thanks very much for the bump guys. I am (finally) working on more tracks to go with this and the Demoiselle D'Ys (which will be reworked). Still getting over my hernia operation though, still too tender to  hold a guitar yet, but I'll get there....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Dude, you keep making excuses why you can't carry this torch. For sure one of the most amazing tunes here! I'll let the hernia thing slide but patience is wearing thin :)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

I didn't read this mega thread, but holy hell... what a song.
A true powerhouse Nigel, I haven't heard this before today I don't think.

Mother flippin' sounding huge on this home system. I'm not the jealous type, but I wish me could do something like this!  :o

Really cool. Loved the vocals too. We should get a petition going that you create a song for us by Christmas!

Prodigious. !@004
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman

OK, OK I'll commit to doing something before Xmas........ :-[

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Aw, no pressure, just kidding and trying to motivate! If it's grevious , it's not worthwhile. 🤖
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman

No, I really do need to get going on something! It's good to have a deadline.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

WarpCanada

Bumping this one because it's super cool.

This is a perfect example of how creepy the Tritone can be. (Diabolus In Musica)
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Greeny

A genuine SC classic!

I've dabbled in the devil's interval / tritone myself. Not as well as this though.

I could just listen to the isolated bass on this all day too. And that fade out is a masterpiece.

BerryPatch

Very cool to hear an earlier song on this site. This one is a great one Nigel. Love that bassline, so upfront and beefy, and your vocals really fit the whole vibe. Your mixes are always top drawer and this one is no expection. That Hackett/Frippy guitar melody is the total icing on the cake. Awesometacular!