Cassilda's Song - a bit scary.........

Started by Ferryman, March 16, 2009, 08:04:30 PM

cuthbert

:o Woah...I cannot believe I missed this one!

Nigel, you made a prog-rock masterwork here - so dark, so complex, so epic in scale; it drew me in and didn't let go until the very end. Loved how you weaved the sounds in with the music, and the playing was stellar.

And this was all done on the MBR? I can't even imagine the amount of work that took...my hat is off to you!

Going to check Geir's cover now.

cheers,
cuth
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Rickocaster

So glad BB bumped this one. Otherwise I would have missed it.  Technically and musically, this is THE MOST amazing BR song I've ever heard. It's a perfect blend of sound effects and instruments. The bass guitar part is brilliant and ties it all together wonderfully.

Lyrically, I'm really not into the dark fantasy genre, but this really is a great match of lyrics and music. 

What are the kids saying at the end? I couldn't make it out.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Ted

I missed this originally, and also all the bumps.

I just skimmed over five pages of comments, so:  What they said.  Also: To the piepod!

BTW: Thanks for the tip about Freesound!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

More thanks to everybody for the additional feedback, and many thanks to Geir for effectively bumping this by covering it! This has been my finest moment on the MBR so far, I think many years of pent up creativity came out here.

Rickocaster, as to what the kids are saying, I have no idea! It was just a soundclip in a foreign langauge I found on Freesound. As is often the case with kids, they can sound a bit spooky and scary, especially with a bit of echo, so it seemed to fit the mood of the song well.

The next track for the "concept album" is making progress. It's been a long time in the making but I hope to have it done in 2 to 4 weeks.

Thanks again for all the feedback, that is what makes this such a fine place to be and to share music.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

On this day *BUMP*

Still one of Songcrafter's finest moments in my opinion. I could happily just listen to the isolated bass track on this, lol.

This is one of those songs that should be bumped every month, lol.

And for any newbies... you're in for a treat!

Bluesberry

How can anybody not love this song....this song is like sacred music......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenny B

WHOA!  This is cool and really heavy.  Thanks for "On This Day"
so I got to hear it ... excellent ... nice effects.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Mandatory Bump!!! This is timeless Nigel... I can't begin to tell you how many times I've play'd this one to show my musician buddies the type of music that is created here on this wanderful site!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

andy casson

Most excellent Otd bump, well said Todd, this really is something to aspire to for me! Superb Nigel

Andy

Bluesberry

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 16, 2012, 12:08:45 PMMandatory Bump!!! This is timeless Nigel... I can't begin to tell you how many times I've play'd this one to show my musician buddies the type of music that is created here on this wanderful site!!!
Thats the goods, this one showed me that the only thing limiting me with my little microBR was my imagination and stamina................well done Nigel.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand