Cassilda's Song - a bit scary.........

Started by Ferryman, March 16, 2009, 08:04:30 PM

Flash Harry

Bloody hell Nigel. This is a bit of an epic. It's really dark and really powerful.

I can't comment without seeming patronising, you're clearly a very accomplished musician and composer, and although I can appreciate what you have done on a musical and technical level, I have no grounds for making any critique of your work.

I can tell you that I like it and I'm amazed (yet again) that it has
been produced on the MBR.

I hope this is the first of many.

Fabulous.

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

guitarron

Freakin excellent work Nigel-overdubs and pretentiousness be damned

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Just had another listen. Yep... still brilliant  :D :D :D

Guitar-Maniac

this is F**King arse kicking. sounds amazing!
where did u get the intro sound effacts?

very un-usual, i love it.

Edit: i forgot to add, i can see what you are saying about
       Dragon... you guys do have a similarities in style.
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 17, 2009, 09:11:12 AMBloody hell Nigel. This is a bit of an epic. It's really dark and really powerful.

I can't comment without seeming patronising, you're clearly a very accomplished musician and composer, and although I can appreciate what you have done on a musical and technical level, I have no grounds for making any critique of your work.

I can tell you that I like it and I'm amazed (yet again) that it has
been produced on the MBR.

I hope this is the first of many.

Fabulous.

Mike

Mike, thanks very much for such kind words. Appreciate it coming from you, and really don't worry, any thoughts or comments are welcome.

There will be more, I have a concept album based around the book in mind but for the time being I think I need a bit of a lie down and a break from such intense stuff.

Forgot to say this is all MBR (apart from the Zoom effects pedals on guitar and bass). No Audacity, external editing or anything. This thing really is amazing. It has allowed me to do stuff I've been thinking about for years. And of course, all the encouragement on this site just drives me on to do more!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Guitar-Maniac on March 17, 2009, 10:42:02 AMthis is F**King arse kicking. sounds amazing!
where did u get the intro sound effacts?

very un-usual, i love it.

Edit: i forgot to add, i can see what you are saying about
       Dragon... you guys do have a similarities in style.

Thanks a lot! The sound effects are plastered all over this, all come from a great site called Freesound:

http://www.freesound.org/

There's loads of great free sound effects there. Greeny uses that site as well. This track has chanting monks, screams, eerie noises, sea, thunderstorm, screaming children and tons of weird stuff in it.

Real coincidence with Dragonshade. I'd just started working on the basic idea for this several weeks back when he posted his first piece with Chrome and I could see we were coming at this from similar directions.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

QuoteForgot to say this is all MBR (apart from the Zoom effects pedals on guitar and bass). No Audacity, external editing or anything. This thing really is amazing.

Bravo.  This is perfection.  I love how you have stayed pretty much fully with the MBR, really inspiring what you can create with a lot of time and a lot of inspiration on this little machine.  This is deep and pulls me in deep.  I am in a zone while listening, that is powerful stuff.  You have got it all figured out for sure.  Bravo.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

This is very cool!  I love the mood painted and its all done on a MBR, kinda gives me hope.  Im gonna put in in my mp3 player.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 17, 2009, 03:26:38 PMI love how you have stayed pretty much fully with the MBR, really inspiring what you can create with a lot of time and a lot of inspiration on this little machine. 

Thanks for the feedback Bluesberry, much appreciated. The key thing is that the inspiration to do all this came from all of you on this site. I'm going to sound gushing, but coming here and listening to all the great stuff that is turned out here petty much every day has inspired me to do things that I've been promising myself to do for years. I haven't played seriously for 20 years and I've always said I would one day record some of my ideas, but never did anything about it. I had the BR for a year and still never did anything with it until I came here. This place, the advice and the sheer creativity of so many people has got me more excited about playing and recording than I have been for many years. And the MBR has allowed me to do something about it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

OH MY GOD!!!  I think I will have nightmares.  Glad hubby's home tonight.  I absolutely loved the ending the kids voices echoing. What happened to them?  Is that what's next?   I can't believe you did all of this on the MBR!! Inspired me to learn more!