I've got questions..maybe will have answers?

Started by xRuxspin, December 27, 2007, 07:36:58 PM

Hello everyone! New to the forum and damn glad that there is a forum dedicated the the micro br. I've been using the unit on and off for the past couple of months and i really dig it over my old zoom ps-04. I Have a couple of questions regarding recording...

1) How do I copy the track 1 to track 2 and have both play at the same time?

*i ask only because i want to lay down harmonies it certain parts of the track but i don't want to re-record the entire rhythm. I would much rather punch in/out the harmonies :)

2) Anyone have any descent metal sounding patches?

All the clean, dirt, and blues patches sound great but there isnt really a decent Heavy modern sounding metal rhythm patch. I have nothing but emg loaded guitars and I get nothing but slush so I'm hoping that there is some metal players out here that can recommend some settings

Thanks again fellas
CHEERS! ;D

Pedro

Hello xRuxspin and welcome to the forum!  ;D

Quote1) How do I copy the track 1 to track 2 and have both play at the same time?

*i ask only because i want to lay down harmonies it certain parts of the track but i don't want to re-record the entire rhythm. I would much rather punch in/out the harmonies Smiley

I don't think I understood completely. You want to duplicate the track 1 on track 2, right? To do this follow this procedure:

1. Press UTILITY

2. Press TR2 (TRK)

3. Press TR1 (CPY)

4. From default it is set to copy Track 1 - Virtual track 1 (TR1-V1) to itself. You have to press right (>) two times and then press + to select Track 2 - Virtual track 1 (TR2-V2)

5.Press TR3 (ALL)

6. Press TR4 (NEXT) x 2

Tha track 1 as now been copied to track 2 and they will both play at the same time. I don't know if this was your doubt because I din't understood the harmonies part.

Quote2) Anyone have any descent metal sounding patches?

All the clean, dirt, and blues patches sound great but there isnt really a decent Heavy modern sounding metal rhythm patch. I have nothing but emg loaded guitars and I get nothing but slush so I'm hoping that there is some metal players out here that can recommend some settings

I'm interested in that too. If anyone has some ideas and is interested in sharing them it would be great.

Quote from: admin on December 27, 2007, 07:55:06 PM
Quote1) How do I copy the track 1 to track 2 and have both play at the same time?

*i ask only because i want to lay down harmonies it certain parts of the track but i don't want to re-record the entire rhythm. I would much rather punch in/out the harmonies Smiley

I don't think I understood completely. You want to duplicate the track 1 on track 2, right? To do this follow this procedure:

1. Press UTILITY

2. Press TR2 (TRK)

3. Press TR1 (CPY)

4. From default it is set to copy Track 1 - Virtual track 1 (TR1-V1) to itself. You have to press right (>) two times and then press + to select Track 2 - Virtual track 1 (TR2-V2)

5.Press TR3 (ALL)

6. Press TR4 (NEXT) x 2

Tha track 1 as now been copied to track 2 and they will both play at the same time. I don't know if this was your doubt because I din't understood the harmonies part.

RIGHT ON! thanks for the tip!

In regards to the harmony bit... say I was laying down rhythm track and in the middle of it I lay down an Iron maiden Style riff and i need the 2nd harmony to really make it sounds great..rather than re-record the rhythm track i would much rather just punch in/out the harmonies when i need to

Pedro

QuoteIn regards to the harmony bit... say I was laying down rhythm track and in the middle of it I lay down an Iron maiden Style riff and i need the 2nd harmony to really make it sounds great..rather than re-record the rhythm track i would much rather just punch in/out the harmonies when i need to

Oh, ok, I got it now, thanks. ;)