"I Might Die" a Hook original

Started by Hook, April 30, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

IanR

All of the above. 

What a great song.  The solo is beautiful.  The whole thing hangs together in a very cohesivbe way.

Love it.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

allysonmarie

The cello included was really lovely and I thought gave the sound overall great depth. Beautiful work, Hook.

danieldesete

And I especially like sour singing on this one. No hidding here, this is very brave and worth the effort, a keeper for sure.
daniel
hou hou ha ha

Satchwood

Thank you for expanding my mind and stretching my ears to a new level of goodness!! uke-L-liscious!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gnasty

Whoa damn dude!! THis is my favourite ballad from you. THis is ridiculous good. EVerything fits in the pocket.
Love the solos. This really moved me.

You Fockin rock!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Nelson

Pure magic.
The solo uke is killer, man.

An impressive arrangement and performances to die for.

Your vocal here especially in the beginning reminds me of Sammy Davis Jr.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

bflat81

Cool song! I love the uke solo! :D

Tangled Wires

Wow, was not expecting this, kind of use to your more uptempo songs, but this is just wonderful!

Loving the way you have blended the Uke's in with the Cello giving a really cool bitter sweet vibe to the song and the superb controlled vocal delivery just washes over this beautifully.

This is the business Hook!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Stand-out track.  And if keeps getting better with that solo after 3 minutes.

And there it was gone.  Nice ending too.

You definitely will die, though, hate to break it to you.  You could do a counterpart song called I Might Not Die, about the lonliness of immortality; watching helpless as the human race slowly dies out and becomes extinct, roaming the earth alone as the molten core solidifies and the atmosphere is blown away by solar activity then finally being around when the sun expands in its final days and swallows the dying earth.  And then what?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter