I-35 Corridor...HELP!

Started by tkofaith, March 16, 2009, 08:32:15 AM

tkofaith

Hey!  I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to travel from Eau Claire, WI to Ozark, MO (just south of Springfield).  I'll be taking I-35 just as long as I can.  Here's the kicker...I'll have my wife, 14 y.o. son, 11 y.o. daughter and 2-1/2 month old Jack Russell Terrier.  I'm looking for some interesting points of interest or things to do along the way to break up the ride.  Any input is most appreciated!   :)

Thanks!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Greeny

This is my favourite site on the web. If you like 'offbeat' attractions, that is...

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/

tkofaith

Quote from: Greeny on March 16, 2009, 10:10:44 AMThis is my favourite site on the web. If you like 'offbeat' attractions, that is...

Thanks, Tim...I'll give it a look.  "Offbeat" seems right up our alley!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Greeny

Quote from: tkofaith on March 16, 2009, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: Greeny on March 16, 2009, 10:10:44 AMThis is my favourite site on the web. If you like 'offbeat' attractions, that is...

Thanks, Tim...I'll give it a look.  "Offbeat" seems right up our alley!

I've driven many miles to see Muffler Men....  :D :D :D

tkofaith

Quote from: Greeny on March 16, 2009, 10:52:58 AMI've driven many miles to see Muffler Men....  :D :D :D

He he he....you? ;D
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Greeny

Quote from: tkofaith on March 16, 2009, 11:36:38 AM
Quote from: Greeny on March 16, 2009, 10:52:58 AMI've driven many miles to see Muffler Men....  :D :D :D

He he he....you? ;D

Yep  :D

And imagine my excitement when I saw this pack design in my local (UK) supermarket...

tkofaith

Quote from: Greeny on March 16, 2009, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: tkofaith on March 16, 2009, 11:36:38 AM

He he he....you? ;D

Yep  :D

And imagine my excitement when I saw this pack design in my local (UK) supermarket...

I hate to be the one to tell you, but the site said that he's been taken down.  :(    I'm very sorry for your loss!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Kody

From Wisconsin to Missouri?! You might as well stop over in Nebraska and say hi! I'm not too far from Omaha/Lincoln...

I remember going to the Ozarks as a child- I remember driving down a trail feeding animals as we crept along in our station wagon...I still have the pictures of the buffalos that kicked the drivers side door-leaving a dent in our Chevy Malibou wagon.....ahh...the eighties ;)

Is I-35 Iowa or IL? I can't recall off the top of my head.  I've driven through Iowa a few times....can be pretty...uh...boring, but on the bright side- there are a few rest-stops and look-out points----I can speak of I-80...not I-35..sorry.... Hope you have a good trip!!!YOu can always play I-Spy!! LOL :P
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

tkofaith

Thanks for the reply...yes, I-35 is Iowa....I may sleep through that one myself!  I went to school in Springfield almost 20 years ago ( :o I'm getting OLD!), but I haven't been down that way in quite a while.  As for "I Spy"  I'm afraid that after a few short miles the kids would have gouged out each other's eyes!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Wiley

I live 7 miles off of I-035 in Northern Iowa.  You will probably hook up south of us.  don't know to much about going south.  Heading North you would find many lakes in MN as you well know.  I have been in Wisconsin several times. A beautiful state.  Have fun on your trip.