Hello everyone!

Started by bflat81, April 23, 2014, 05:35:37 PM

bflat81

Hello everyone,
I'm bflat, I was born and raised in Bucharest/Romania but currently live in Aachen/Germany. I loved music since an early age, and during my youth I used to listen to my favorite songs for hours and hours on my headphones, a habit which I still have today, but seldomly do it as it's difficult when you have wife and kids.  :)
I love all kinds of music, from classical to heavy metal, but my favorite genres are blues and classic rock. The artists/bands which are my favorites:
-for blues: Albert Collins, Buddy Guy, SRV, Albert King, BB King, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Luther Allison, Robert Cray, Walter Trout ...
-for pop/rock: CCR, Dire Straits (Telegraph Road is one if not THE BEST song ever, IMHO), Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Ben Harper, John Meyer, Jack Johnson, Coldplay, U2 ... and son on, I evan like P!nk and Roxette (which some would consider "commercial")

I started playing guitar when I started college, and played in a band, but you know how most of these stories end ... we broke off and for a long time I thought that making music is an impossible dream.  Last year I stumbled on to a site called "the recording revolution" and it really changed my mind about music creation. I started digging more and more and this is how I discovered your site as well... so here I am today, with my first song, everything is home recorded:

I joined this forum because I really want to be part of a musical community, where people create music and exchange opinions and ideas. I think I made the right choice!
Cheers,
bflat

ps- English is not my native language so sorry if I made some mistakes

Hook

Welcome from Tampa, FL brother & fabulous 1st post! Great production & performing; that's some insane harp you got going on. Most of us are interested in your gear so what are you using to record/mix/master, etc. Really enjoyed your tune & I look forward to more.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Wow, that's the way to make an entrance! Welcome :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

What a way to introduce yourself!! Welcome to the site!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Welcome to the community bflat.

Great first post.

Join in, post your work, listen to other peoples music and add to the comments. The more you put in, the more you get out.

We have a number of members who do not have English as their first language. You're welcome here.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Welcome aboard. This is an excellent song. Love the harmonica especially, but that's some great guitar too.

bflat81

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!
I should have mentioned earlier, on the harmonica is a friend of mine, and me on the rest...
My gear is really basic:
-music: a MIM Tele, a MIM Strat, a MIA Strat, an Ovation copy acoustic guitar called Carlos, an Epiphone short scale bass (SG style),  M-Audio 72 keys
-recording: Tascam US-122mk2 , a behringer b2 mike
-DAW: logic pro x
 I recorded everything directly into the Tascam, and used the Logic amp sim

alfstone

Ciao dalla Sicilia, bflat81!

So you live in wonderful Aquisgrana (Aachen in Italian)! I was there a couple of years ago. Wonderful place, really.

And...near the great Koln MusicStore, a very dangerous place for those who suffer G.A.S.....  ;D

Welcome here and congrats!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Oldrottenhead

hullawrerr fae bonnie scotland.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Welcome from Norway Bb !!

I'm sure you'll feel at home here. Excellent way to introduce yourself, both in words and music !

Quote from: bflat81 on April 23, 2014, 05:35:37 PMps- English is not my native language so sorry if I made some mistakes
You're not the only one !

The posting hobbit ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........