"(Five) String Theory"

Started by Blooby, April 20, 2014, 06:01:32 PM

Blooby

5-String Bass - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

No Lyrics here. Run away! Run away!

If you read the last G.A.S. thread of mine, you know I went a little nuts lately. I used a 5-string bass I scored for on the cheap and a MIM Tele (Damn, I just realized I forgot to use the ring modulator!).

This was an excessive improvised bass over a static drum beat.  I then went in and added the guitar (with punching in as I couldn't remember what I did on bass). I then programmed the drums, plopped in the percussion loop, and ended up with this noisy offering. I mixed it while I was buzzed so it's a tad aggressive (not that I'm a mean drunk, mind you). I was going for a noisy garage band vibe.

I'm really not sure what I have here, so it may be rubbish. If nothing else, it's rumbly (What can I say? I like John Entwistle and Allen Woody). I admit to liking a few spots of tension and release. One of these days, I'll properly compose something. Anyway, here 'tis.

Blooby

Hook

What a great listen brother, sounds to me like your should be running the festival circuit!!!That's some seriously deep bass groove you got going on, I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle the 5th string. What did you do the drums in? they sound super sweet, but I did miss the ring modulator!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Damn Blooby...this is Live at Leeds dude! Effing great bass and then you add the skilled guitar solo all around it and then fill in with some cool drums. I'm flicking my Bic bro because this is a real concert....I'm flashing back to the daze of the Fillmore!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jarle

This is really good. The bass and drums makes a great playground for your guitar skills. Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-800

alfstone

Very, very good. Indeed.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw, that bass sounds a million dollars and the geetar is not too shabby either. on a side note i once fiddled with flash harry's five string schecter bass, the fat string was so low i couldn't even tell if it was in tune.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Super sweet jam dude.  It sounds so good.  I could listen to this one for hours.  Thats a proper old school jam of the finest kind.  I always love your super slinky lead playing, and this just hits the spot.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

That's some amazing playing there, Blooby. Funky rumbly bass and some ripping leads - Addictive Drums sound great, too.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Glenn Mitchell

Pretty cool. Great bass and drums sounds. killer guitar.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Satchwood

Yes, very cool - sounds great!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)