Re: New to BR 80 new Question

Started by keithpitts, April 20, 2014, 02:57:31 PM

keithpitts

I take guitar lessons and want to use the BR 80 to record the session, but I also want to use the Les Paul to acoustic effect at the same time is this possible?
Keith Pitts  

64Guitars

You can only record from one input at a time. To record your lesson, you'd want to use either the built-in mics or a mic connected to the GUITAR/MIC IN jack. So you can't plug your guitar into the BR and record it while simultaneously recording from the mics. You could apply the Acoustic Simulator effect to the microphones but then it would be applied to the sound from your instructor's guitar and your voices too, which wouldn't sound good. It would be better to make do without the effect.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

keithpitts

How big of a SD Card do I need to record a ½ hour session?
If you can please give me different card sizes and the record time
Keith Pitts 

keithpitts

Thanks for the info.
Keith Pitts

64Guitars

I've merged your new topic with the old one as there's no need for a new topic for each BR-80 question. Better to keep them all together.

A 1 GB card can record up to 90 minutes in stereo (2 tracks). Since that's the smallest card that will work in the BR-80, you should have more than enough capacity no matter what size card you use (assuming it's empty, of course).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

keithpitts

Thanks Again!
Keith Pitts

keithpitts

If I install rechargeable AA batteries and have the unit plugged into my computer will it recharge the batteries?
Thanks
Keith Pitts

cuthbert

Quote from: keithpitts on April 21, 2014, 08:13:09 AMIf I install rechargeable AA batteries and have the unit plugged into my computer will it recharge the batteries?

Nope - you will still need to use a charger for rechargeables. What it will do is draw current from USB to actually run the recorder while it's connected to your computer, though.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

chip

Hi. I think you can run it off usb? So no need for batteries. And I wouldn't think the computer will recharge batteries, you need a battery charger for that one. Battery time, as in use is very good, I always kept two ready to go then recharged the the ones I was using so I never run out. I would get into learning it and experimenting, It's a great little machine, that great I kept it and that's quite a feat coming from me. There are a number of post's/topics on the BR80 on here and some very useful youtube vids of the little beast.

I would just start recording using the on board stuff first in MTR mode, find a drum pattern you like, let it repeat and play some freaky sounds over it, record something on track 1, then record on another track say 2 and listen to them all playing together. You need to start off very simple and before you know it, Bam. Just keep it simple and get rockin. If you get stuck then ask and we shall help. Typed while another posted
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

keithpitts

thanks a lot for the info.
Keith Pitts