Give your speakers/headphones/ears a workout....

Started by henwrench, April 17, 2014, 07:49:32 AM

Gnasty

I`m 14 k too. I thought the Slayer/Motorhead concert i went to years ago would have wrecked them more than that. I`ll try different headphones.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

I find that anything on the human anatomy that we are "supposed to be" is not in fact correct.

No humans are the same. Identical twins are not the same. Healthy people die instantly and ones that are supposed to die live longer than your grandma. We all have a throat yet we all sound different and sing different.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Speed Demon

What?

I'm pounding the keys with a hammer yet no one here seems to hear me.

I'll try Plan B. Detonating a tactical nuke. See if anybody hears that.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

T.C. Elliott

I started out checking my "monitors" for the range and skipped to the hearing loss test and now I'm headed back to check out my system again.

The checks for your system is to determine the range of the monitors. So turning up the system a bit isn't a problem. The hearing loss check will depend a lot on if/how you calibrate the levels. I tried the hand rubbing technique and think I'm close. If I am then my hearing loss is mild through the entire spectrum but just a tad bit more pronounced at 500hz and lower. (I heard 125-500 at 30 and 1k-8k at 20 for those keeping score.)

On my stereo check I could hear the highs (without turning up the monitors) at 16khz and the lows came in between 30 and 40hz. I'm pretty happy with that. I was surprised that the low end was as good as it is with these speakers, but that just tells me that I shouldn't be "upping" the bass a bit to compensate for a problem in my monitoring system as I've done sometimes in the past.  Truly a helpful tool.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London