Tonight The Sound Is Poisone by Skelectory

Started by armeenis, April 14, 2014, 01:46:04 PM

armeenis

tonight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thanx for checking it out!

Could really use some reviews (for our website)! So comments are very welcome!

henwrench

All I can hear is the snare drum and the auto-tune...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

armeenis

Quote from: henwrench on April 14, 2014, 02:57:17 PMAll I can hear is the snare drum and the auto-tune...

henwrench

If you are serious I got some mixing to do! Or maybeeeee....you are just pissed about something I said earlier?

Anyway...thanx for listening and thanx for commenting!

Speed Demon

The music is nice, but the guitars could be brought up in the mix and the vocal needs to come up a lot in the mix.
Make that vocal stand out and ride on top of the mix, not behind it. I'd like to hear this song after it's re-mixed.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

SharksDontSleep

There's a kind of Linkin Park vibe about this song, but with less guitars & no screaming vocals.
Not sure about the previous snare & auto tune comment. Sounds like someone's got an axe to grind!

I do agree that the vocals could be upped a bit, but then again that could be the feel you're after.
Nice synths & production. What do you use?

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

I'm listening on my ipad without headphones but I thought the snare was overpowering. I think there's a killer vocal in there but it's set too far back IMO. I'm assuming if you are going to use a comment posted on here for a quote on a website, you would check with the person who posted the comment first.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Satchwood

Cool song for sure, i dig the dance beat vibe!  I do agree with the remix opportunities here...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Quote from: armeenis on April 14, 2014, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: henwrench on April 14, 2014, 02:57:17 PMAll I can hear is the snare drum and the auto-tune...

henwrench

If you are serious I got some mixing to do! Or maybeeeee....you are just pissed about something I said earlier?

Anyway...thanx for listening and thanx for commenting!
I believe Henwrench was serious, as I am listening now and have the same basic comments.  That snare is too loud and distracting, and the auto-tune on the vocals is really noticable and kinda nasty sounding, so Yes I would say the good Mr.Henwrench's comments are spot on.  The ending is very jarring, how it just ends suddenly.  I find the overall sound far to compressed, the guitars are practically non-existant, is there any guitar in this?  Its all hidden behind a thick wall of compression. I also don't get a sense of any bass in this track.  Its all to over-produced, over-compressed for my ears.  The vocals are totally lost in the thick fog of sound you have created.  The only other sound that is heard clearly is that stupid sounding squiggly sounding synth thing there bouncing along.  I am not sure what you were going for here, but it sounds very incomplete to me, a drastic re-mix may alieviate some of the problems, maybe or not.  Too muddy and compressed and overcooked production, too bad, there may have been a good song underneath all that sonic mud.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Listening on headphones, and the vocals are lost - like they're underwater or being murdered in the fog by Jack the Ripper. The snare is definitely too prominent. Snare down, vocals up.

There's a meaty & accomplished song in here, but (as Bluesberry says) it's all too compressed and overdone... no light and shade, just a rush of noise. And the autotune is far too gimicky for my more traditional tastes.

My main advice would be to think about the song, and make the production and arrangement serve that song - not some homogenized, copycat sound that fits whatever popular genre you're aiming for. That's just me though: being yourself / individual never got me anywhere, so maybe you're right in packaging your product in this way.