looking for advice and guidance on buying a banjo.

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 09, 2014, 12:53:21 PM

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Blooby

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 15, 2014, 04:32:48 PMMistake.

Hope he has a pretty mouth.

I sense a great disturbance in The Force. I think it was the quote above.

Blooby

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

taffsdad

Ive just completed my first ever cigar box guitar...made from an old rotted wooden bench we had in the yard..loved every minute of making it got photos of what I got up to....that's probably not the advice you are wanting...but Im me so topics can wander..but then so can Mars Bars ps other chocoalate bars are available.
Anyway my friend what Im ttrying to say is check out youtube etc for ideas and build one...be great to find someone on Songcrafters who is into this...just had quick look last thread on the subject was 2012.
It was Greenys lady and  her two boys who sowed the seed of me making the guitar..they made some and posted images on Flickr..so my first recording upload of it will be a thank you to them...not only inspired me to make guitar but gave me the link to come here....so its all her fault but Im glad she did it...
Be Kind Rewind

bazz-t-bass

Don't do it :o :o......buy a banjo that is..........sounds almost as bad when you can play it as when you cant. 8)

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????