Should I buy this or that?

Started by Hook, April 08, 2014, 07:52:10 PM

kenny mac

A really nice pedal you can normally pick up quite reasonable on ebay is the korg ax30g or korg ax300g
I have one of each and picked them up for around £40-£50

Hook

So I'm taking my kid to see a baseball game tomorrow night, (don't get too excited it's the minors, Tampa Yankees) & I knew I wouldn't have time tomorrow night to get ready for my bar gig Friday night. That was the main reason I went ahead & got the Digitech RP70 today along with the Pocket Pod. I really don't think the pod will work for my purposes in a live setting & I was running out of time. I needed something easy, immediately.
I spent about an hour & a half tonight tweaking some patches, which I have never done before, & organizing them & I'm pretty happy with this pedal. I think that most of the presets are a bit over the top but the editing is so easy & intuitive I was able to do exactly what I wanted to. I have a nice acoustic patch on 2 that I'll use  for the rhythm all night. As I loop out layer & solo I can scroll down to 1 for my distorted lead or up to 3 for a clean/flanger lead & up one more to 4 for a distorted/flanger lead. I feel very comfortable with it for Friday night and quite happy with the tones I was able to tweak.
Tomorrow in between my day gigs I'll get to mess around with the Pocket Pod & my uke! & maybe this weekend I'll put some strings on my dulcimer...oh & mow the damn lawn also >:(
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Hook, I'm a bit late on this topic but I see you've purchased both devices....dilemma solved! I have a Pocket POD that I've been using in the studio for about a year. It's a great little effect unit and does get close to a mic'ed amp with some tweaking. It has great delays and choruses but it's not a foot pedal for live gigs. It's more of a specialized  set it and forget it type of effect for me. I'm not familiar with the Digitech pedal but it looks like you have it figured out. If it works for you then great find! I used to gig with a Behringer Vamp pedal for a while but I got tired of having to scroll through the programs (two stomps up or one down) to get to the ones I needed instantaneously. So I eventually went back to the individual pedals on a pedal board and I was a happy camper again. Good luck with the new toy and the upcoming gig Hook!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?