Security updates for Windows XP end today

Started by 64Guitars, April 08, 2014, 03:19:40 PM

Flash Harry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 10, 2014, 07:26:34 AMi would never be seen dead in socks n sandals.
That's what you're saying now....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 10, 2014, 06:55:07 AM
Quote... and orh for the "oh f*** it, let's GO!" spirit of adventure on his old laptop Cheesy
was more out of necessity than heroics, my laptop was virtually useless, it took ages to boot up, and you could never run more than one programme at a time or it would ground to a halt. installing kxstudio looks as if it is going to give it a new lease of life, tho i think it will still struggle with some of the bigger music software programmes.

Yeah, my old laptop's in the same state. I'd reckoned I'd probably give this a go, nothing to lose really - and your posts have pretty much confirmed that...

And I wouldn't be seen dead in sandals either, or corduroy (or denim, for that matter!) :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

I seriously need to do this but what do I actually download? I went to the site and there are many downloads to choose and even a choose all option. Is that the one? I have 92 gb of free space so I have the the room but just need some advice on which option to download. 64 or ORH, I'm willing and ready...show me the way old wise ones.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

hi farrell i downloaded as per cuthbert's advice
QuoteHey James - the Intel Pentium M processor is a 32-bit processor, so you'd want to download the KXStudio 12.04.3 Live-DVD:32bit version

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kxstudio/files/Live/KXStudio_12.04.3_32bit.iso/download
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on April 10, 2014, 08:04:03 AMI seriously need to do this but what do I actually download? I went to the site and there are many downloads to choose and even a choose all option. Is that the one? I have 92 gb of free space so I have the the room but just need some advice on which option to download. 64 or ORH, I'm willing and ready...show me the way old wise ones.

What you need is the "KXStudio 12.04.3 Live-DVD" near the bottom of the following page.

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Downloads#LiveDVD

There are only two choices - 32-bit or 64-bit. If your computer has a 32-bit processor then, obviously, you need the 32-bit version. If your processor is 64-bit, you can use either version.

I tried a 64-bit version of Ubuntu a few years ago but I found that a few 32-bit programs didn't work right in it so I went back to the 32-bit version. However, I've recently been thinking of trying 64-bit again. The main reason is Bitwig Studio and Traction. I'd never buy Bitwig Studio because it's too expensive, but I'd like to play around with the demo. Unfortunately, it's only available as a 64-bit version. I did try Bitwig by booting my computer from the 64-bit KXStudio Live DVD, but that's very slow and needs a lot of RAM (I only have 2 GB; 4 GB would be better). Traction is another DAW that's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux ($59.99 for Windows and Mac; the Linux version is free). But it's also 64-bit only so I haven't tried it yet.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

my laptop is struggling to work with ardour and muse, but they are the only programmes it seems it cant cope with.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

lmms seems to work but i need midi soundfonts or somesuch, to get midi files to play.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann