Uke hunt

Started by ODH, April 02, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

Hilary

Misty Hyman - American swimmer ...
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on April 05, 2014, 05:12:37 PMMisty Hyman - American swimmer ...

There's a pianist/keyboardist named Dick Hyman (his real name).

He released a couple of albums in the sixties that were done on the Moog synthesizer. "The Minotaur" from his album "MOOG: The Electric Eclectics of Dick Hyman" was the first Top 40 hit to feature a Moog Synthesizer. It peaked at #38 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in July 1969.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wjE6-PMF4

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

Connie Lingus . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

Thanks Nick, best thread ever :D

Asda tannoy announcement prank . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk9SOrtsEDA
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

I got my uke from a shop in Donnybrook in Western Australia visiting family. It was about £20. It's just fine.

There was a guy from Denmark that I used to know. He was called Bent Pumpe.  He didn't think it was funny.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gnasty

I have a fender. It was the best hundred bucks i ever spent. P.S I love Uke-hunts!!  ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Daft, I kept reading and reading......getting all the silly name puns........but not grasping the thread title.....I kept going back...........nothing........not till I said it out loud a few times..........to the disapproving looks of my wife......Sunday morning and all.........what the hell does Ukes and hunting have to do with each other........my literal mind was interfering with the obvious..................hahahaha

Back to the thread topic......I ended up getting a Yamaha Guitalele.  Not quite a uke, 6 strings, tuned like a guitar, its a very small classical guitar actually.......but sounds good and is a lot of fun..........but it is not a uke.........just throwing that one out there...........
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acoustic-ukuleles/yamaha-mini-6-string-nylon-guitalele

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Yea, I want one of those guitaleles!!!!!

Nice looking uke Gnasty!
GAS ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 06, 2014, 07:23:56 AMDaft, I kept reading and reading......getting all the silly name puns........but not grasping the thread title.....I kept going back...........nothing........not till I said it out loud a few times..........to the disapproving looks of my wife......Sunday morning and all.........what the hell does Ukes and hunting have to do with each other........my literal mind was interfering with the obvious..................hahahaha

Back to the thread topic......I ended up getting a Yamaha Guitalele.  Not quite a uke, 6 strings, tuned like a guitar, its a very small classical guitar actually.......but sounds good and is a lot of fun..........but it is not a uke.........just throwing that one out there...........
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acoustic-ukuleles/yamaha-mini-6-string-nylon-guitalele

Oh my lord, GAS on!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

pjd1

Got a Yamaha guitalele as BB says a lot of fun fits in a case and has been all over the place with me , tuned it to g sharp , small classical but very playable in the first position, I think I paid around 50 quid from Dawson's about 2 years ago , great buy !
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8