Improve your sound with a new guitar cable

Started by 64Guitars, March 31, 2014, 11:29:15 PM

64Guitars

New guitar cable improves your sound.

In the words of the manufacturer...

"Our patented oval design partners with pure gold over Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) to create a LITZ wire absolutely without equal. This 100% shielded coverage incorporates a meticulous designed conductive sheath eliminates microphonic movement noise. Proprietary FEP dielectric provides the optimal impedance and it is made in the USA. This heirloom quality cable that dares you to compare it to any other cable on the market."

10-foot cable - $5,999 US
20-foot cable - $11,989 US
30-foot cable - $17,979 US

Price includes your choice of straight or 90-degree plugs.

Available now.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

What utter nonsense.

They will be claiming 'directionality' next.
How about offering to rewire your boutique valve amp with gold plated OFC? Or eliminating 'skin' effects with expensive dielectric insulation?

Don't forget the mixing desks and their plugs and sockets, the power amps and the speaker cabling.

Then theres the mains transformers and the power leads.

What twaddle.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Yep. I have just found out. Nice one 64 guitars.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Bugger.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Can I get them directly in the UK, coz I don't want to pay shipping?

:D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

DannyB_KY

Quote from: Hilary on April 01, 2014, 03:10:09 AMCan I get them directly in the UK, coz I don't want to pay shipping?

:D

:D  ;D  :D  ;D !!!
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

Hook

I'll take 2 30 footers and one of the short ones!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

DannyB_KY

Quote from: Hook on April 01, 2014, 03:56:01 AMI'll take 2 30 footers and one of the short ones!
Rock on!

Double the order since Hook's got the tab!
Thanks dude!!! ;D  ;D  ;D
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

64Guitars

Actually, this post is an April Fool's joke in reverse. I first heard about these cables during the NAMM coverage in January. The idea is so preposterous that I knew if I posted it today, everyone would think it's an April Fool's joke. But the real joke is that everything I said, including the price, is absolutely true! The company is called Analysis Plus and the quote in my original post is directly from their website. A 10-foot cable is $5,999 and longer lengths are available for an additional $599 per foot. I merely calculated the prices for the 20-foot and 30-foot cables.

http://analysis-plus.com/pro_guitarinstrument.html
(Scroll down to about two-thirds of the page for the "Golden Oval Guitar & Instrument Cable")

http://www.sonicstate.com/amped/2014/01/28/namm-2014-6000-dollar-guitar-cable-analysis-plus/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSUo1voVS6w

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 01, 2014, 01:10:20 AMWhat utter nonsense.

They will be claiming 'directionality' next.
How about offering to rewire your boutique valve amp with gold plated OFC? Or eliminating 'skin' effects with expensive dielectric insulation?

Don't forget the mixing desks and their plugs and sockets, the power amps and the speaker cabling.

Then theres the mains transformers and the power leads.

What twaddle.

I totally agree. It's a load of nonsense. Even if the cable does work better than a conventional guitar cable, the amount of improvement would be almost imperceptible and couldn't possibly justify the ridiculous price. It's clearly a product made for fools with too much money.

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 01, 2014, 01:17:16 AMHook. Line. Sinker.

Actually, you were the only one who didn't fall for it - at least, not till oldrottenhead pointed out that today is April 1st. So the joke's on everyone who thought this was an April Fool's joke. :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website