Drop D Waltz

Started by BAG, March 14, 2009, 05:16:52 AM

BAG

DR_D_WAL
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The wife was reading a book last night so I put on the headphones, plugged in the MBR and a couple of hours later this was the result. I think there's a bit i want to do to this one eventually......but i'm not sure what yet.
Just a roadie again.....

SE

Keep working in this it could turn out to be very good just add some vocal and it will be excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-80

The Reverend 48

Beautiful playing 8) its begging for a vox I can hear Wiley in my head ;)

Bluesberry

Beautifully played and beautifully recorded.  The acoustic sounds so clear and good.  Was this 2 tracks? Onboard mic?  I am very curious because it sounds so good, I am inspired to try something like this myself.  Very good playing and composition.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BAG

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 14, 2009, 07:41:13 AMBeautifully played and beautifully recorded.  The acoustic sounds so clear and good.  Was this 2 tracks? Onboard mic?  I am very curious because it sounds so good, I am inspired to try something like this myself.  Very good playing and composition.

It was recorded using a Sony ECM-DS70P external mic plugged directly into the MBR which was then sat on my knee only about 4-6inches from the sound hole.

The rhythm was done using a Cort full bodied dreadnought with the input Sensitivity set at  +0dB and reverb at zero. The lead was done with a cheap Kimex brand acoustic (i bought this years ago so i had a guitar at my parents house whenever i visited). It is a shallow bodied cutaway with a bit of a "tinny" sound. I had the Sensitivity set at +2dB and reverb at zero.

The effects were set on P01:Flat. The only thing done in the mastering was using the "Live" mix and setting the lead reverb on 36 and the rhythm on 24 if i remember correctly.

As you see.....all pretty raw and basic. But that's what i like about acoustic stuff.

Glad you liked it. As i say, there's a bit i'd like to try...i'll see how the 12 string goes when i get it back. I'd like to try some distorded guitar in a few places however i don't own an electric and the acoustic with the grungy lead effects just don't seem to sound right to me. Any ideas from others on this would be appreciated.
Just a roadie again.....

Guitar-Maniac

sounds pretty damn good on its own, mayb you could harmonize
some notes..
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Kody

I really like this man! Very high quality & clean~ makes me want to get one of those mics~ I get a great feeling listening to this song...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BAG

Quote from: Kody on March 15, 2009, 01:18:06 AMI really like this man! Very high quality & clean~ makes me want to get one of those mics~ I get a great feeling listening to this song...

Thanks Kody. I got the mic for Aus$17 delivered from ebay. You should get it for only around $10 in the US.
Just a roadie again.....

Wiley

Wow that was great!  I bought one of those same mic's when I bought my Br. I haven't tried it yet as the onboard  seems to do so well.  But you have really captured a clear clean sound.  Maybe I will try it sometime.

Ferryman

I have to agree with Bluesberry, beautifully recorded and beautifully played. Great job, thanks for telling us how you did it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR