Years In

Started by allysonmarie, March 30, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

allysonmarie

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

A poem I wrote and chose to sing. Despite how upset I was at the time, I had fun playing around with the arrangement.

Years In

Wait a moment.
Ease away from him.
Open your eyes and find
Your way away from him...

Yes -- I am angry.
Full of rage and fault.
Yes -- I've been lying.
You are trying. I am not.

I forget why it is I'm here.
Years in and my purpose
Has yet to be made clear.
I tell you all,
My dying day is near.

As driven as the rain pours down.
And once there and found,
Might my spirit be kept sealed?
Be sound...

This comes out superb and I can see the potential. I've been writing poems also but I still don't know how to create melody. So, good job to you!

allysonmarie

Quote from: kopikatsu on March 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PMThis comes out superb and I can see the potential. I've been writing poems also but I still don't know how to create melody. So, good job to you!

I understand. I still feel as if I don't know what I'm doing most of the time with my music...lol Good luck to you with your writing and thank you for listening.

Hook

Very nice, I just get lost in your voice. Great performance.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

You write some powerful songs.. I don't think this recording does your song, voice or playing any justice. I would like to hear a proper recording of this song.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

As I have said before you have a fantastic voice, and this goes to prove it. well done...............Alex :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Fabulous voice, a very emotional song. Makes me feel a little sad, as a father of two grown up daughters (now), I recognise some of those emotions having to had to pick up the pieces sometimes in their earlier years. However out of the other side, there is nothing but fun and joy and laugher. I would love to hear you sing some happy tunes, I'm sure that you would knock it out of the park.
:)
Be happy.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Son-of-a-gun this is powerful stuff.  I love this one.  I agree with Jarle, imagine how this would sound recorded at high quality........huge.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Another great quality song performed or perhaps I should say felt wonderfully. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Michael McIntyre

This is such a passionate and affecting song.  "Years in" is also a great title and phrase, by the way.  It's simple and concise, and yet powerful - I would never have thought of it.  You're very talented.  And I have to agree with the others that this song cries out for a better recording.