Microfische

Started by indierik, March 14, 2009, 01:39:45 AM

indierik

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

The story goes; I was so inspired by this website that I posted an ad on craigslist a month ago to try and find someone near me, ideally, to start a band with. I posted my influences and a link to myspace music page so my potential band mate could here the songs, the style of music I write....and listen to some of the collaborations I've participated on with others from this site, such as ORH. This very interesting and talented guy named Gabriel contacted me. Even though he lives in South Carolina, we decided, against all odds, that we liked each others styles enough to want to start collaborating together via the net. If there is some musical  chemistry we discussed that we might be willing to move closer to one another and take this "band" thing a little more seriously.

This is our first demo. It's called Microfische. Gibs writes all the lyrics and sings. I do the music. It's different, I'd say more avant garde, experimental, meets indie rock. It definitely needs to be cleaned up, but I'd like to hear what some of you have to say about it.

regards,
eRiK
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

sounds great leif, really think the vocals suit the music thought its hard to make out the words, would be nice to see the lyrics. i listened to this with a hint of sadness, hope this doesn't mean an end to our collaborations.

james
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Really very good excellent production and very commerical. This could be the start of something exceptional.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Man that guy has a really expressive voice.  It starts out slow, but it keeps building, that vocal is awsome.  I really really like the sound of this.  Your guitar work sounds really good behind the vocal.  It makes me think of Smashing pumpkins a little, but that voice takes it into a real original sound.  You two guys can really do a lot with this combination I would say.  I like how you keep your guitars real clean and sparkly, good compliment to the strong tough vocals.  Man that guy can sing.  Good one.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

indierik

Thanks guys!!! I agree, I think Gabriel has a very expressive singing style / voice.

James, I don't think this will be the end to our collaborations, however, I will be focusing on this project, as you're focusing on Jamima's Kite. Our musical style will be a compromise between our styles, which will leave room for my own side projects. For the most part, you are the reason I decided to try and start a band in the first place. It's a lot of fun collaborating on this site, but if I can take my music, start a band, and play them in front of an a live audience, then why not try.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

Quotebut if I can take my music, start a band, and play them in front of an a live audience, then why not try.
get me on the guestlist
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Guitar-Maniac

arghhh, i can't seem to play it.......!  ??? ???
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Flash Harry

It's rather bloody splendid chaps!

I do like the feel of this. It has a real maturity and intellegence, something that is normally only seen in bands that have been making music for years together. I think that this is really something.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Guitar-Maniac on March 14, 2009, 04:00:43 PMarghhh, i can't seem to play it.......!  ??? ???

It's one of those nasty Apple proprietary files. The mp3 player won't work, you will need something like Real Player. Erik, can you post the mp3 rather than the m4a file?

Like it BTW, definitely thinking about adding some bass.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 15, 2009, 05:12:52 PMIt's rather bloody splendid chaps!

I do like the feel of this. It has a real maturity and intelegence, something that you seen most commonly in bands that have been making music for years together. I think that this is really something.

Thanks Flash! Thats a hell of a compliment!

Nigel, I'll get that mp3 posted soon.

erik
-Friedrich Nietzsche