Another fallen Brother

Started by alitivity, March 13, 2009, 05:43:26 PM

alitivity

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I recieved word today that my friend and former Guitarist Bryan L Johnson has Died. It is believed to be a Heart Attack, but nothing is definate at this point. I am very sad to hear this news. he and I made some really good music together, and he was one of the most talented guitar players I have ever met.

Here is a fitting song we wrote together. very simple, but fitting just the same
 The mp3 player doesnt work, I'm guessing because it is a wma file. we recorded this on Cakewalk back when we were first starting to play with computer recording. you'll have to download it to listen to it.

SE

Great tirbute to your friend and a good song reminisant of Journey.
put up another player as I could,nt get yours to work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Long Road Home
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Sorry about your friend.

I converted the wma file to mp3 at http://media-convert.com/

"Long Road Home"
alitivity and Bryan L Johnson

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BossMicroBRew

Sorry to hear your news. What a memory you guys created with this song. Thanks goodness for music.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Rata-tat-tat

Sorry to hear the news... A great song to be reminisce to.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

alitivity

We were both ex road dogs from the 90s. so this song in particular hit home for both of us. We had both shined so brightly at one point, but had fallen short of the dream. I guess thats why we bonded so well. we wrote over 30 songs in less than two years. I'm hoping to pull it all together for a tribute album.

The funeral was today, It all became real at that point. I will miss him.

lg

What a great tribute!
What a great song.
I am sure he is smiling down upon this...
Great work.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Kody

know what it's like to loose someone close...One of my best friends took his own life a few years back-Had another loose control of his car......Sorry about your friend....your guys' songs are excellent! good luck bro~
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

alitivity

Thanks, i'm going to take the next few weeks going through the old CDs and wav files. My plan is to pull it all together on on CD if it will fit. Not sure if it will, we had roughly 30 songs together. Some were unfinished, and we also had the Rock Opera Aleon's Curse of the Pharaoh that we wored on together as well.

here is a link to the first song and summary of that project.

http://www.aldiamondphillips.com/Aleon.html

Kody

Dude, I had this song in my head all day...It was a good thing!  Reminds me alot of Ugly Kid Joe for some reason...I really like it~
recorder
PreSonus Studio One