Transcendence

Started by Bluesberry, March 21, 2014, 06:26:15 PM

Bluesberry

Transcendence 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have been working on this one for a while, whenever I could steal a spare hour or so.  I kept playing around with the IPad, multi-tracking away.  Many tracks, sections, copy, paste, tracks and tracks........oh my head hurts.........and here it is, I can't add any more....

Transcendence
Rhythm & Lead Guitar: Les Paul
keyboards and bass played on IPad
drums and recording/mastering: BR1200

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

This is tasty as a freaking cookie my brother, total moments of early Genesis! I new you'd rock the ipad but I didn't expect this...it really is quite spectacular. My absolute favorite tune from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is some super sweet progaliciously rocktastik tunage!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Fantastic prog rock!! I got a flashback from the golden era of prog rock. Here's some really good and tasty "tricks" that sounds real fine (eg. 3:30-3:33). Stunning melodies, performing and loved your vocals, you did real good job on singing. In a nutshell; good old Bluesberry :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

totally progtastic bb. i'm hearing shades of pere ubu and flaming lips in there too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Oh yeah. This presses the right buttons!

It's massive in its scope with all the parts and sections - it could so easily have disappeared up its own @rse :D (I guess you have a vague fear of this with "oh my head hurts.........and here it is, I can't add any more...."?) ... But there's a fab song holding it all together.

Second listen... oh, it's really good.

I love how the song comes out of the intro. And it sets it up for the parts coming in from nowhere - those little guitar solos are just perfect.

Ah! I get it!! ... it's that rising "stomping chord" sequence on the piano that does it, isn't it? That's what glues the whole track together... clever

Fantastic job, love it :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Wow BB, this is super-collosal extraordinaire. You`ve got a hold of that ipad really well. Progtastic song!!

I love that piano but the LP guitar licks are locked in for me.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

Prog rockin' in the best of terms BB! Wow you did this with your IPad..fantastic bit of music!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

64Guitars

Wow! This is awesome. My favourite BB song post ever. Something about the way your voice sounds against the fabulous proggy music reminds me of ELO. The vocals in the chorus are especially good. This could easily have been a hit single in the seventies. Some tasty guitar licks in there and I love the tone of the Les Paul. And that intro is pretty wild. I love it!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SE

Big respect on this one, progtactic stuff, the vox are the standout, love the choir section too, a great listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

AMAZING work Dave !!

No doubt my favourite of your's so far too. This is what you're meant to do !

Prog ... yes .... but more ... great melody ... great performance .... it all fits so well together ... great singing ! .... love the chord changes .... I get a hint of Harrison there ... and more than a spoonful of Genesis .... it's .... it's .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........