Meet Me At The Crossroads - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, March 21, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

Gnasty

Hell Yeah this is damn good!! I`ve listened to this a few times. It`s like a lost AC/DC song but only in a way to me. The beginning definitely sounds Malcolmish but the chorus sounds more an AndyR song.

I have to say you have the Bon Scott style down but to me again it still is you and i`m glad it is because it makes for
that originality. Beauty playing and tone on the solo my friend.

Since you did this style. You should listen to the band Airbourne if you haven`t heard of them. They are Aussie too and admit they are an AC/DC clone, but the singer is different and incredible!

Keep Rockin!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Great post all the way around. Love the tones, singing, mix...you name it.

Got these corny toes a-tappin'.

Blooby

AndyR

Quote from: Gnasty on March 27, 2014, 09:23:43 AMSince you did this style. You should listen to the band Airbourne if you haven`t heard of them. They are Aussie too and admit they are an AC/DC clone, but the singer is different and incredible!

Really? I'd heard of them, but didn't realise that was what they were like - I'll check them out :)

Oh yeah... and yes, the chorus is definitely a "me" chord sequence :D. After it appeared I wasn't sure about using it because I was trying for early AC/DC, and it's a bit "rock" rather than "rock and roll". But then the lyrics and vocal kinda loved it, so I stuck with it.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jarle

Fabulous rocker, with great guitar and vocal. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

I can hear a range of influences in this, but the end product is unmistakably you.

I really do think that some of the songs produced in the last year have been, in my opinion, been some of your best work that I have heard from your time on this site, and no exception here!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Wow! This is an awesome song and the production is top notch. Well done, Andy.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bflat81

WOW! You really nailed down the AC/DC sound, Bon Scott era ... The production is top notch as well. Great guitar riffs and cool vocals!

Johnny Robbo

Classic rock at it's best. Definite shades of Bon Scott & those guitar parts are immense. Excellent ballsy rock tune of the highest order!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Ferryman

Don't have much time to get on here at present but chanced to see there was a newish AndyR song to check out, so I thought I'd better check it out. And I'm really glad I did as it's superb and totally wonderful! Great old school rocker with wry and slightly dodgy (but fun) lyrics. The production is really nice and sharp, no evidence of being squashed, I guess it's just traditional these days to apply a brick wall limiter and have a fairly flat wave form. The guitar sounds are absolutely fantastic, really sharp and they cut through the mix so well. The parts complement each other beautifully and the solo is great, you could trade punches with Billy Gibbons!

As for the vox, well wow. Very well done indeed, excellent performance and very well recorded. They sound pretty dry and clean, so all the more impressive to get such a fab result with no post processing.

All round fantastic, so glad I dropped by to hear this.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Glenn Mitchell

Really good stuff. I hope you get rich on this one.
Great memorable riffs.
I wonder what a bit of big hall reverb/delay would do to this?
Top notch.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks