Meet Me At The Crossroads - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, March 21, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on March 21, 2014, 02:01:45 PMFinally, at last... I've got something finished...
And finally I got to listen to it !!

WOW Andy !!

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!

Quote from: AndyR on March 21, 2014, 03:35:29 PMFor several weeks I've had the Bon Scott era AC/DC studio albums on rotation on my mp3 player, figuring out his phrasing, backing vocal techniques, etc. Then 2 or 3 times a week I'd get home from work, come up here, plug a mic in and try to become Bon Scott. I usually taped the last effort on each day, and I could see how it was improving. Next morning on the way to work, I'd be listening to AC/DC again, trying to pick up some more clues...
Now that's dedication !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Flawless! Sounds like it was recorded in a pro-studio. Incredible guitars, vocals and arrangement. And the solo is mashed Billy Gibbons / Angus Young brilliance. A really hot track. Awesome.

Farrell Jackson

This is a better than good rocker Andy! A stunning mix and performances. Everything sits exactly where it should be and your words/voice have a definite Bon Scott vibe to them with a killer chorus. Lastly, your guitar solo has all the tone sweetness and phrasing to put the song over the top. Nice work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

steelguitar

That is great rockin' song!!!

A super "two guitars" riff, love the vocals as the AC/DC great ones
Frankly, a stunning performance, the guitar solo is truly awesome

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Kenny B

Great tune Andy ... great mix and sound all around ... dig your style.

Nice Bon Scott delivery too ... but still you ... EXCELLENT!!!

Kb   
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

funkyaxe

Andy.this is great. As far as I'm concerned any song that has the lyric "Standing there In your underwear Saying that you need some food" can never be bad. But seriously this is top notch stuff......good work here and a great guitar break too.

Andy ( funkyaxe )

Bluesberry

Putting this one on the big sound system tonight, sweet man, real sweet.  You channel old school rock very well.  Sounds very good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Thanks folks :)

Now the dust has settled on it, it's kinda grown on me too... (I tend to go through "oh wow! this is fab, listen to me" as I post, then "oh well, I'll do better next time" after a few days, and if I'm lucky, I end up with "ok, I'm quite happy with wot I did there..." ... this seems to be one of those for me).

This made me laugh:

Quote from: funkyaxe on March 25, 2014, 02:39:44 PMAs far as I'm concerned any song that has the lyric "Standing there In your underwear Saying that you need some food" can never be bad.

It was getting that couplet early on that gave me a "song" worth finishing over the rocking stuff that was kind of in place with a title and not much else.

And what's even better - it's all true!! (Except I don't really have a teddy bear, he's entirely metaphorical... oh, and I haven't smoked a pipe for 30-odd years!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

thetworegs

Fantastic vocal got the Bon Spirit in it for sure but a 100% Andy R goodness another for the Pod....outstandingly good Bravo!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

stuart3645