Of Faith

Started by allysonmarie, March 20, 2014, 06:57:55 PM

allysonmarie

Jan 18 2014 4 Of Faith good ed1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one may sound boring and I apologize if that's so for any listeners. I just sort of fell into the melody and felt too comfortable singing/playing with the rhythm to mess with it too much. The subject matter is again just personal nonsense, but hopefully one can take their own meaning away from it as well.

Of Faith

They might see and
They may love,
But I will never be quite so sure
The honesty it is made of –

For what then allows my
Shadows to let up –
Can I trust the fill of air
From moments so easy to breathe?
Can I trust the fill of faith
I will be met with all I need?

I've worn many faces and not one
Ever taught my soul to dream.
And although I drift among my ghosts,
Their whispers I've yet to heed.

Although I drift among my ghosts,
I'm far from all fears and grief.

Hook

Another really beautiful song, I dig the lyrics alot!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

First thing; don't apologise.  What you've done here is special and you clearly have a talent for songwriting. And singing come to that.  

I love the line "Although I drift among my ghosts".  The whole song evokes a dark and restless place.  Which is good, I like that in a song.

Second thing; it's not nonsense. Have faith.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

This is a good song and it's obvious the talent you have in songwriting and singing. You have a wonderful voice that is recorded clearly...the piano on the other hand sounds muffled and a bit distorted. If you could match the piano recording with the clarity of your voice the overall recording would sound better. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed your song!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

AndyR

Oh wow! Mighty song and performance.

When it started I heard the piano sound and thought "ok, this might be difficult to hear what's actually going on". But the moment you started singing, the song and performance took over - I was hypnotised and actually kind of forgot the piano was muffled.

How do you do the recording at the moment? What do you use?

And "The subject matter is again just personal nonsense, but hopefully one can take their own meaning away from it as well" - Well, I don't know about anybody else, but all I ever do is "just personal nonsense", I can't see any other way of doing it! :)

Nice one :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Groundy

Nothing to apologise for here Allyson, this is so good, well done........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

allysonmarie

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on March 21, 2014, 05:48:46 AMthe piano on the other hand sounds muffled and a bit distorted. If you could match the piano recording with the clarity of your voice the overall recording would sound better. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed your song!

Farrell

Yes, my piano is used and is due for a tuning and numerous other updates I'm sure. I hope to have the money for all of that sometime this year. I'm sorry for the poor sound quality, but I do appreciate you listening in full despite that. Thank you for the feedback. 

Quote from: AndyR on March 21, 2014, 05:30:46 PMOh wow! Mighty song and performance.

When it started I heard the piano sound and thought "ok, this might be difficult to hear what's actually going on". But the moment you started singing, the song and performance took over - I was hypnotised and actually kind of forgot the piano was muffled.

How do you do the recording at the moment? What do you use?

And "The subject matter is again just personal nonsense, but hopefully one can take their own meaning away from it as well" - Well, I don't know about anybody else, but all I ever do is "just personal nonsense", I can't see any other way of doing it! :)

Nice one :)

Thank you for listening, Andy :) I can't see any other approach either.

I use an Olympus WS-100 voice recorder and just record live. The voice recorder is actually over five years old and I use it often enough to consider a replacement now. That could possibly help with at least some of the sound problems I run into. That along with following through with repairs on my piano...lol One day I'll get it taken care of.