Upgrade? BR1200

Started by chip, March 20, 2014, 11:40:22 AM

chip

Wow, worked like a dream. I like the way everything is set up for you when you bounce/ master, takes a lot of the maths away. I am only using the Korg for these tests and it sounds great. My mate has just ordered the Arturia mini brute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7943bYSdVc to go with his Arp Solus  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwx2IdEcNlE

Anyway back to the Br1200. It's growing on me very fast, I just love the faders, I can actually see the levels, on the BR80 I couldn't really tell accurately what position they were at, the 1200 makes it very clear.

Back up for more fun
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

Quote from: chip on March 23, 2014, 10:11:02 AMCheers 64. But, Lets say I record all 12 tracks. Do I then bounce to 11/12 v2, then use the remaining  10 tracks  on v2 to add more instruments etc ? Then bounce to 11/12 v3 then master to 11/12 v4. All those tracks wow.

You got it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 23, 2014, 12:14:38 PM
Quote from: chip on March 23, 2014, 10:11:02 AMCheers 64. But, Lets say I record all 12 tracks. Do I then bounce to 11/12 v2, then use the remaining  10 tracks  on v2 to add more instruments etc ? Then bounce to 11/12 v3 then master to 11/12 v4. All those tracks wow.

You got it.

Certainly have 64. Once again thanks.

I now have to think about the drums which start at the dreaded 1. However I just, sort of arranged a 45 second song but it was very time consuming. I remember doing it on the MBR somehow but I think you could stop that and put the fill etc in at the right point, of course the BR80 is quite easy in that department.

I have finished with the 1200 for tonight, after 4 hours with it I have learn't what i wanted for now

chip

Ok. I now have the sr16 synced up with the 1200, the sr16 has pretty awful midi input connections though, it was a struggle to get it to recognize the 1200 but with force it worked. The midi jack even now seems half way in and with any knocks would disconnect.  I was wondering if all sr16's have this issue?

I must say, and having never done anything like this before it was very easy, 64 made it make a bit more sense for someone like me. It's pretty cool, meaning I can record a pattern sr16, record the guitar, go back record the sr 16 with fills and stuff then delete the original, then add in some of the 1200's drums wherever. This seems way easier than arranging drums on the 1200, you can put the fills in, change the kit/pattern at any time without stopping and stop bang on the end, that gives me more of a drummer type feeling if you see what I mean, more natural. Using the sr 16 with midi has now opened up more doors as long as the input connection doesn't give up.

Next up is the Korg using midi for the arpeggiator. I would presume this is a similar operation but may be more confusing.
Cheers.

Hook

Fun stuff brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

I haven't used my SR16 for ages, but I only ever used it with midi connections (to a keyboard or to the midi/audio-converter attached to the PC) - I don't recall having any connection problems, but I do remember something having very tight sockets in my set-up (which I kinda regarded as a good thing at the time!) - might have been the SR16...

Sounds like you've got some cool stuff going on... must find my own SR16 again!! :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Flash Harry

The Korg can be set up to use either an internal or external midi clock.

See page 50 of the manual available here http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/microkorg/support/microKORG_Manual.pdf for details on how to set the midi clock. There's a load of other useful midi related stuff in the few preceding and the few pages following.

You will have magic fun with midi. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

chip

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 24, 2014, 03:30:38 PMThe Korg can be set up to use either an internal or external midi clock.

See page 50 of the manual available here http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/microkorg/support/microKORG_Manual.pdf for details on how to set the midi clock. There's a load of other useful midi related stuff in the few preceding and the few pages following.

You will have magic fun with midi. 

Cheers Flash. Wow far out. I just had the Korg midi'd up, works a treat , if a little weird. I have this dance/disco thing going on at the moment and it sounds well cool, and the Korg does seem to be set up for dancing type stuff too, which is fine by me. This midi stuff is taking me to the dance floor man.

I used the vocal toolbox last night, it worked but, it sort of changed the vocal sound, made it more treble sounding than the original. Anybody use it? Is it worth it? I'm not to bad at singing but I do stray off course now and again.

Anyway back to midi dancing.

chip

Strangeness with midi. I have a strange thing going on with the Microkorg using midi?

The arpeggiator is indeed in sync with the BR, but there is a strange undercurrent going on. There seems to be some kind of other ( bass type pattern going on in the background) sound going on. The arp notes are there and in time but the other notes should not be there?? They are very much a bass type sound but are different to the arp notes. It's very difficult to explain. I have tried a few different setting on the Korg but I'm stumped. It's a bugger really because the sync is very true to the BR clock. I never thought I would talk in this manner  :o