When Halfway Up

Started by allysonmarie, March 11, 2014, 12:51:20 PM

allysonmarie

Feb 13 2014 4 When Halfway Up 1 best ed1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A recently written poem and recording. I took a few risks with trying the higher notes as I just wanted to practice technique. 

You don't leave what you love hanging
Broken on a string.

Hanged and halfway,
Haunting the between gray.

I have sought so many ways
To let you know I'm here.
To see the side you've yet to see,
True version of me, clear.

Away from the guarantee that I
Mean to you in need.

The soul I am when risen
Without fear.

danieldesete

Not really my style, but I appreciate the effort, what a voice you have ! Lyrics are very clever too. Please keep them coming
daniel
hou hou ha ha

cuthbert

I like your higher vocal notes here - it's a good, natural sound. As daniel says, keep them coming!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Groundy

You have a very nice voice Allysonmarie.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

IanR

Hi Alisonmarie,  that was a very gutsy performance.  You have a lot of emotion in your performance and it makes the song very strong.  It sounds like you are recording yourself and the piano live (no overdubs) and that is very difficult to do.  Please keep them coming.  I think you are quite inspirational.

Regards,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Jarle

Great emotional performance. Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

Excellent voice and performance ... nice song.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

allysonmarie

Quote from: IanR on March 12, 2014, 04:48:57 AMHi Alisonmarie,  that was a very gutsy performance.  You have a lot of emotion in your performance and it makes the song very strong.  It sounds like you are recording yourself and the piano live (no overdubs) and that is very difficult to do.  Please keep them coming.  I think you are quite inspirational.

Regards,

Ian

I don't know any other way besides recording it live. This recording was my second or third take on the idea I was messing around with.

Thank you for taking a chance on the song to listen. I never started singing/playing toward any particular style in mind or with an expectation anything I do could make sense to others, but it's nice to feel a little less isolated and afraid to share with others.