Any good news today

Started by SE, March 12, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

SE

ROAD2DAY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Tried somthing different two part harmony don,t think I,ve got it right. Recorded voice and acoustic add the other voice along electric and bass. I think the second voice sound too tinny. used on board mic for second part and used external mic (Samson Q7) for the first voice, any comments welcome

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Kody

This is catchy, man---Did you write this?! Your voice sounds great....I like how you have 1 voice on the left and the other on the right---sounds cool through my speakers!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SE

Yes my friend I did write it, thanks very much for your feedback, as I reguard you as the best vocalist on this site
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

This is a great song.  I think you did very well. I don't think your second voice was so tinny. It didn't seem quite loud enough to me.  I like the different sounds through the right and left speakers.  I found out my right is my left and vice versa LOL.  Keep up the good work.

SE

ROAD3DAY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thanks Wiley for your feedback have increased volume of second vocal the words are:

Listen to the music
Listen to the news
Listen to the horses pulling up that hill.

I,m a truck driver so I listen to the radio all day the horses refer to the engine noise.
recorder
Boss BR-80

dragonshade

I like this too, REALLY good song. I did prefer the first mix... the second I think the backing vocal is too far forward, and yes I do hear a big difference between the 3 mics. The onboard is a touch "fish-bowly" compared to the external you used otherwise. I would stick to the external. In fact if you record that with it I think you'll lose the tinny-ness you're refering to.

Real good stuff man.

Greeny

Nice song - and great mix / use of harmonies. Prefer the first one myself. Another very solid offering - I think you're on a roll here!

SE

Thanks guys for the feedback I prefer the first mix too might have to rerecored with external mic

Thanks again
                                                       John
recorder
Boss BR-80

The Reverend 48

Great use of harmonies I also love the Truck driver angle....Like the rest of the boys I prefer the mix with the tinny vox as it seems to compliment the other vox..Keep the Harmonies comming 8)

Wiley

After hearing the second mix I think I agree with the others the first one was better.  I think it's a great song.  That's what neat about the Br we can go back and tweak to our hearts content until we find the right mix.