Your favourite comics

Started by Geir, February 28, 2014, 05:05:49 AM

Geir

My favourite actually is Asterix, but as one of my favourites has his birthday today, I thought I'd start this thread.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

henwrench

2000 AD. Judge Dredd. Strontium Dogs. D.R and Quinch. Rouge Trooper. The Incredible Hulk. The Amazing Spiderman.

To name a few... ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

My favourite comics are the Faboulous furry freak brothers closely followed by Fat Freddie's cat as they can always make me smile...  ;D ;D ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gritter

Calvin and Hobbes is my favourite strip and American Splendor is my favourite graphic novel series.

Geir

Quote from: Gritter on February 28, 2014, 06:11:13 AMCalvin and Hobbes is my favourite strip
Ahhh YES !!! It's brilliant !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Yep. Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic strip ever. I have all of the books.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

Asterix is a classic and after so many years it is still amazing. Check Iznogoud, also from Uderzo if you don't know him yet. You love it. Pure Belgian nonsense.

However, my favourite was, and it will always be Corto Maltese from Hugo Pratt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corto_Maltese

The "monk" from the ballad of the salty sea, still gives me the chills!

OK, Calvin is really funny and I also love Dilbert! Recently I read "Baby Blues", some comic strips of a couple with newborn babies. I was depressed! That's my life now.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

Has to be 2000ad. My Dad had a subscription at the local newsagent back in the day and couldn't wait for him to come home with it every Thursday. Had it read in about an hour as soon as he got back.

Years later, I decided to have a look in the attic for all my old progs (hundreds of them), but couldn't see any. Turned out my Mum threw them all out in the bin!! They were worth quite a bit of money by then.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

I was really into the crime/horror comics when I was a kid - 'Weird Tales', 'Tales from the Crypt', 'Eerie', etc.

Wish I still had the ones I bought back in the day.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase