"Empty Shell" a Hook original

Started by Hook, February 27, 2014, 04:29:57 PM

Hook

Empty Shell
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I think I'm going to classify these tunes as Hooktronica. I've been working on this one since last Friday, little by little. All done with my phone, ikaossilator (IK) & thumbjam(TJ) onto my MBR. It's a little on the long side for me at just over 7min. I had to shrink it down, thanks for the info on that 64!!!
1 Ikaossilator rhythm track(stereo)
1 cello (TJ)
1 square Phasing (TJ)
1 70'sSFX (IK) stereo
1 moody sax(IK) stereo
1 panned/delayed vocal(stereo)
1 fornylon vocal (stereo)

Empty Shell
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

Now thats tripahookatronic a beautiful job done on the mix and all on a telephone WOW!! Still got to figure out Thumbjam had it a while now and can't get anything together on it at all...shall have to have another look...loving those trippy Trumpets  :o the whole thing very up beat although the lyrics say otherwise....Love it!! More Please didn't seem like 7 mins at all a nice ride through the Hook's Tripahookatronic mind...loving that ending....Bravo!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

64Guitars

Very Hookahdelic!  8)

I think we should have a software fest where all music must be created with software, whether on a phone, tablet, or computer. There's plenty of great software available for all platforms and it would be great to see what people can come up with using just software. This song is a great example of what can be achieved using only software.

Phone on!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

This is brilliant, hook!! Really relaxing music with cool sounds! Very enjoyable listening! i'm on my second listening...better download this! Hat off!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

allysonmarie

What an awesome grove...Amazing track. I really love it.

cuthbert

Hooktronica! :)

So good, I hardly even noticed the time…also amazing how good it sounds considering how much you had to cut that bit rate down. Great use of instruments and voice. It's a winner!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Burtog

my ipad doesnt quite make the whole track but I loved ALL i heared, a new style from you, great use of TJ and the Kossilator thingy.

Quality!
recorder
Boss BR-800

SteveB

HK - I would have this down as a Prog-Rock album track from the 70s, when experimentation was in. It's certainly inventive and, although I'm a bit vague with some of the descriptions of the sounds produced, it's certainly a noticeable groove and feel you've got going here. It's well worth a listen. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

stuart3645

i grew a beard listening to that hook, great track and great mix, loved the cello just sitting there held my attention for the whole 7mins plus..nice one...

Gnasty

Hey i know that kaoss beat from my phone. Very cool buddy and the additions are cool. Thanks for doing this
cuz it`s gonna get my butt in gear and do one too. Psycho-delic indeed.

I must listen again now but wait! Where`s my bong?? :D

Kaoss on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity