Goodwill

Started by allysonmarie, February 22, 2014, 07:25:04 PM

allysonmarie

July 27 2013 25 GoodWill 3 best ed1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another poem song, from some months further back but never really shared. I wrote this poem during a difficult transition and as usual, I took a day and tried to sing out the distress to feel better somehow.

Unnoticed and unneeded...
The daily nightmare your fears
Could never dream.

And would your future dare have me
Continue to live as I know not to be?
For one breath – one instance beyond all defeat...
How can hope be worth anymore my belief?

I am the only one left to deceive –
The only one who has not given enough
To keep.

bruno

Great vocals, you have quality in your voice. The piano sounds quite compressed to my ears, very nice playing - how are you recording these songs?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SteveB

Hmm. Another confident, rip-roaring performance from A.M., whose vocal style reminds of Nina Simone, which can't be a bad thing. A wonderful package. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Hook

This is a really wonderful song. It has an Evanecence feel to it in both the vocal & structure, you sure can play the piano & I sure do enjoy listening.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Yes, I have been struck by the quality of your voice, this is a great vocal, and as hook says, you can sure play the piano! 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

Singing the best known cure for all stress's and you have done an excellent job........ on this excellent lyrics and the piano playing is none too shabby either as has been mentioned Bravo another excellent song........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

allysonmarie

Quote from: bruno on February 23, 2014, 01:57:19 AMGreat vocals, you have quality in your voice. The piano sounds quite compressed to my ears, very nice playing - how are you recording these songs?
B

Thank you for listening. I record with a small Olympus WS-100 voice recorder, just strung around my neck as I'm at my piano. I usually create a fade out at the end with audacity software so the muffled sound of turning the recorder off is cut, then I leave the rest alone. 

Redler

Very beautiful! Really fine lyric and performing!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

Great vocal performance. Wonderful indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-800