In Need (poem song)

Started by allysonmarie, February 15, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

MrBud

Pure soul voice :] Well done ;]
Up And Adam

thetworegs

Welcome aboard a powerful performance combined with some honest lyrics is always a winner in my book....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

allysonmarie

I apologize for being away so long without response (busy work days). Thank you all very much for your time in listening and your kindness to offer feedback. I was very surprised so many would give this a chance. I know it's not a song written with the usual verse/chorus structure and song arrangement. Writing poems just keeps me as honest with myself as possible and working on songs is a major way I cope with things that go on.

Thank you again for the comments you've all shared with me as well as the suggestions on better recording. I'm without the means right now to make much of a change, but I hope one day to have an opportunity.

Hook

Quote from: allysonmarie on February 19, 2014, 06:16:14 PMI know it's not a song written with the usual verse/chorus structure and song arrangement. Writing poems just keeps me as honest with myself as possible and working on songs is a major way I cope with things that go on.

Unimportant, at least to me. Honesty, passion & heart always trump formula in my book, keep it up!!!

Quote from: allysonmarie on February 19, 2014, 06:16:14 PMThank you again for the comments you've all shared with me as well as the suggestions on better recording. I'm without the means right now to make much of a change, but I hope one day to have an opportunity.

On ebay you can get a used Boss MBR for under a $100 & it will change your life (musically that is). You won't need anything else. It has a very good built in mic and tons of effects for instruments & vocals. Save your pennies & get one, you deserve it!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

Excellent potential here, fabulous vocal performance and very intriguing songwriting. The power of your performance and emotion shines through.

Quote from: allysonmarie on February 19, 2014, 06:16:14 PMI know it's not a song written with the usual verse/chorus structure and song arrangement. Writing poems just keeps me as honest with myself as possible and working on songs is a major way I cope with things that go on.

Don't be misled by the "Songcrafters" name of the forum, there's many examples of completely different approaches to music here. We like and listen to all types and styles. Me, I like what is often called "prog rock" which threw away the whole verse/chorus idea anyway. Some of the best song lyrics standalone as poems, and some poems can make great lyrics. Yours work well.

Quote from: allysonmarie on February 19, 2014, 06:16:14 PMThank you again for the comments you've all shared with me as well as the suggestions on better recording. I'm without the means right now to make much of a change, but I hope one day to have an opportunity.

As Hook suggested, the little Micro BR might be just what you need. But it depends what you want to do. If you are just interested in creating music and sharing it, carry on as you are.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

danieldesete

hou hou ha ha

bruno

Great opening track, love your vocals - awesome and assured. The structure is a bit Fiona Apple to my ears - which is very cool in my book.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SE

Terrific voice hope to hear more!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

OTD BUMP..
Does'nt seem like 3 years since I heard this,
Hurry back Allysonmarie...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

launched

Good bump, I could picture this in a rocked up production. Very talented lyric writing and the darker composition complements it well.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover