'Workshy and High'

Started by Greeny, March 10, 2009, 04:28:13 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on March 12, 2009, 04:26:23 AMAnd 'Ogden's Nut Gone Flake' is a very special album to me, so Small Faces are usually quite close at hand in influence terms.

Deep joy indeed, that rotatey-disc falollops along full of fine music syncopoles. Or something like that.... :) Always loved the Small Faces and that album.

Quote from: Greeny on March 12, 2009, 04:26:23 AMFlash continues to get the vibe just right - it just makes it very easy for me to know he'll nail the bass part perfectly within the context of each and every song.
The bass just adds a bit more depth to the whole song. It's great to see the various collaborations on here and you two obviously "gel".
Waiting for the next one!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

This is my current Greeny favorite. Love the topic, LOVE the sound. So Lennon-ish, but yet different also. Such quality quality music from the two of you. The chord changes are fantastic.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

I dont know how you do it, one good song after another, you are quite an amazing songwriter Tim.
Nice work.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Facemask93

Bump , These lyrics are my favourite Greeny lyrics so far , and the vox aint to shabby either

Lovin it

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

cuthbert

Great bump, Rob - I hadn't heard this before, but it's a great Greeny song!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Black Mary

Hi Greeny. Love the track. lyrics are inspired. Yeah it's definately got that Small Faces 'humour'  (for want of a better word) that Oasis attempt to do now and again, but you've got it spot on here. Brilliant stuff. The thought of watching JK is enough motivation I need to get off me arse & get to work. ;D
kingliggermusic

Gritter

Sunny and fun with the right amount of swagger. I really like this one. Great vibe going on.

Simon M

Great tune, I get a Beatles influence on this one too.  Nice little guitar flourishes too.

Cheers

Simon

tom r

Ah The Small Faces one super duper duper group.
Great lyrics yet again.....
Squeeze the sunshine from each day........ that is such o wonderful sentiment i love it ... man

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound