"Ahead to the past (Overture)" a Geir original

Started by Geir, February 11, 2014, 12:51:58 PM

MrBud

I agree with Redler, great composition, your well versed in melody obviously ;)
Up And Adam

Picker

Amazing!  I have no idea how you would do something like that.  :o
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Tnanx for the kind words guys !

I've added a bit more info on the original post.

Love the pic 64G ;D

Quote from: Nelson on February 11, 2014, 06:21:42 PMOne question... was it all done with Notion?
Indeed it was!

Quote from: dasilvasings on February 12, 2014, 02:51:41 AMPS Do you want to post the pdf?
Added to the original post

Quote from: Gnasty on February 12, 2014, 08:15:38 AMListening again? Are those drums. snare hits from drumjam pads? If so you`re very clever.  ;)
Nah ... I'm not that clever ;D Everything is done in Notion.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

Cool stuff Geir.  Brilliantly orchestrated.  Irrespective of the method used to produce this, it still takes a musician to produce quality music this good. 

Marvelous.

Paul

Jarle

This is just amazing Geir. I am really proud of you brother.
So many good melodies intervene and floats.

I recognised a couple of the songs. The one I remember the name of I have played in different settings under different titles. The last time we played it together was when it was a part of a larger song named Dissolved.
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

I wasn't familiar with the following symbol which I saw in your score, so I had to look it up on Wikipedia.

Turns out that it means tremolo. Or, in the case of your snare drum, a roll, diddle, or drag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_symbols#Repetition_and_codas

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

Thanks for posting the score.

Hiding your song themes was absolutely wicked! Congratulations!
I would love to give it a try but you have too many songs! It would take me a life. I'll come back to this later, since I am really curious to know.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Jarle on February 13, 2014, 07:40:52 AMI recognised a couple of the songs. The one I remember the name of I have played in different settings under different titles. The last time we played it together was when it was a part of a larger song named Dissolved.
That is correct ! One down four to go ;D ;D

Quote from: dasilvasings on February 14, 2014, 05:03:47 AMHiding your song themes was absolutely wicked! Congratulations!
Thanx, I thought it was quite fun :D

The songs I've used in this composition should be quire easy to find ... at least one or two of them. A little hint: the four remaining songs have all got more comments than the one my brother got right ::)

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 13, 2014, 11:21:51 AMI wasn't familiar with the following symbol which I saw in your score, so I had to look it up on Wikipedia.

Turns out that it means tremolo. Or, in the case of your snare drum, a roll, diddle, or drag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_symbols#Repetition_and_codas
I wasn't familiar with that either. And when I first used it on the violins I was expecting a vibrato, but was VERY pleased that it wasn't. I have a lot to learn about writing scores, and using Notion is a very fun way of learning it. My biggest challenge with writing music is the timing... that is the note length and where to start the notes ..... at least when writing down melodies I've already sung, because I have a very loose timing when I sing.

I'll probably pick up my guitar for my next song, but I'm sure this won't be the last time I bug you guys with an orchestral piece ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Totally outstanding Geir.......the idea of using melodies from previous songs....brilliant. The whole things moves along very nicely, great sections.  Well done.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Nelson

Back for some... MooooRE, Sir.
Now that's composing