"g string quartet #1" a Geir original

Started by Geir, February 03, 2014, 09:54:44 AM

Picker

recorder
Boss BR-800

Just excellent Geir, I've just bought an iPad but haven't had time to play yet. Even so, I think it would take many hours burning the midnight oil to get near anything like this. Splendid.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

dasilvasings

Quotealways had fantasies of writing scores but using numbers and letters to have a hidden meaning. some sort of code if you like. in my head i know what i mean. but explaining is difficult.

...because brilliant minds think alike:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BACH_motif

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Sounds fantastic Geir, lots of fun little touches in this peice.  I may have to check this App out.  Sounds like the Geir Light Orchestra.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Having downloaded this App last night, and having a play around, I now am really impressed by this Geir.  Flipping hard to create something like this, hours and hours, nothing good comes easy.  I realize that I need to start real simple and small.  Very excellent job Geir man.  And whenever I hear the Geir/Jarle Bro's talking about creating a piece of Prog together............BOOM, shivers all over.....I have a fever........... and the only prescription is more Prog..............from the Bro's........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Thanx guys !!

Quote from: Ted on February 04, 2014, 03:12:00 PMVery cool. Sounds like teaser for a much longer work to be forthcoming. Right?
I have started a much bigger piece. I probably will take forever to finish tho ;D

Quote from: Nelson on February 04, 2014, 09:58:44 AMWhen you're composing, is it drag and drop, copy and past or do you write it out and the program converts it.
Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 05, 2014, 02:07:25 PM...... so if i got this right. you write the music and the app plays it? if so that is cool. ....
you do and it is !! ;D

On the iPad you can either use a keyboard,a guitar interface or pads on the screen or you can use a midi controller.

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 05, 2014, 12:12:08 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on February 04, 2014, 04:45:40 PMNever seen the second clef mark
It's called the Boob Clef.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  C-cup style ;) ;D

ABC that sounds a bit like  .. .......

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 08, 2014, 09:30:23 AMHaving downloaded this App last night, and having a play around, I now am really impressed by this Geir.  Flipping hard to create something like this, hours and hours, nothing good comes easy.  I realize that I need to start real simple and small.  ..
It takes hours and hours for sure !! Starting simple is the clue. A string quartet is perfect. And you don't have to worry about that some of the musicians will get tired if you give then too much or too little to do :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DeificDave

This sounds great, at first there is a kind of early music/renaissance feel to it but it then quickly moves into a more modern feel, I'm looking forward to the longer piece.

I started a piece with a four part harmony section in it last year, maybe one day I will finish it! It's been about 20 years since I did anything like that on paper, it not easy to create music like this, well done!
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

cuthbert

Wow! Very modernistic piece - this is very interesting. I may have to check out this app...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase