"g string quartet #1" a Geir original

Started by Geir, February 03, 2014, 09:54:44 AM

Ted

Very cool. Sounds like teaser for a much longer work to be forthcoming. Right?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Flash Harry

G minor? but with so many incidentals, it's a bit difficult to work out.

Never seen the second clef mark, what's the notes on the stave for the Viola?

very interesting and very different. Where's my iPad......?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 04, 2014, 04:45:40 PMNever seen the second clef mark

It's called the Boob Clef.  ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

Real cool piece of classic music! Well done - you surprised me again! Sounds a lost Edward Grieg track to me:) :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Nicely done Geir - sounds more like modern classical, than a traditional composition, free from the classical rules - and all the more interesting for that :)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

when i was a kid i used to be able to read music, but now it's gobbledygook to me. so if i got this right. you write the music and the app plays it? if so that is cool.

i always had fantasies of writing scores but using numbers and letters to have a hidden meaning. some sort of code if you like. in my head i know what i mean. but explaining is difficult.

FMGWABP
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

pjd1

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 05, 2014, 02:07:25 PMi always had fantasies of writing scores but using numbers and letters to have a hidden meaning. some sort of code if you like. in my head i know what i mean. but explaining is difficult.

There are several programs available that let you do just that. They've been available for years.

Probably the easiest one is called ABC.

http://abc.sourceforge.net/

Here's a basic introduction to it:

http://abcnotation.com/blog/2010/01/31/how-to-understand-abc-the-basics/

You can print the result of your ABC composition in standard music notation, or convert it to a MIDI file which you can then play back on your computer or synth.

Then there's LilyPond which is a more powerful system that, like ABC, uses text-based input to create standard music notation. It's available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. The Rosegarden program (Linux only) which I've sometimes used has LilyPond built-in. It uses it to produce beautiful printed music notation from MIDI data.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website