Started by T.C. Elliott, February 01, 2014, 06:07:12 PM

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SE

From guitars to endangered forests and heath care great publicity for a guitar I'd rather not own, at least the debate didn't descend into swearing and name calling that it usually does, interesting link.
recorder
Boss BR-80

T.C. Elliott

If charges were ever filed then I could understand it. But you don't raid a place, keep hundreds of thousands of dollars of their property for over a year and then just decide to return it without so much as a word, much less an apology, and assume people won't be upset. I'd buy one if I liked Gibson. But I don't, so....
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Speed Demon

I've owned two Les Paul guitars over the years. I gave one to one of my children and sold the other one.
The reasons I didn't keep them is because neither of them had a tremolo and those junk Kluson tuners didn't
impress me, either. When one of them broke while in the middle of a gig, I went shopping for better-designed
guitars the next day.

Nothing new here. Move on.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

danieldesete

Nice story but I do not like the color...
hou hou ha ha

FuzzFace

Back when I was shopping for my main guitar, my runner-up was the "Gibson SG Reissue", which I loved, but from what I heard, I decided against it because I didn't want to spend my life constantly re-tuning a guitar that won't stay in tune.

So I ended up with what became my first choice, the "Taylor Solid Body Electric", which I have been enjoying ever since.  (But I do think back to that Gibson some times).

danieldesete

Fuzz face you must be a happy fellow, what a beauty.
i didnt even know these exist
hou hou ha ha

FuzzFace

Quote from: danieldesete on February 06, 2014, 12:18:45 PMFuzz face you must be a happy fellow

You are right.  I am lucky.  I should play it more.

The point is, as much as Gibson is revered, it is definitely not universally considered the ultimate guitar.

Speed Demon

Fuzzface, you made the right decision on your guitar choice.
The SG plays okay but is not worth anywhere near what Gibson wants for it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

T.C. Elliott

@fuzzface, The singer in our band has that exact guitar. And I've been using it the past few weeks at practice. I really like it. The pickups and tone and balance of output from high strings to low are all top notch. The best I've ever played, maybe. But there is just something about the feel of the neck that is just a tad off... not bad, mind you, but not exactly right.

It's a beauty, though. I thought about buying one of those used (I cant afford a new one) but even the used prices might be a bit steep for me.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper