styx diamond live at the village tavern

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 09, 2009, 09:30:13 AM

Oldrottenhead

was a bloody nightmare trying to get a level for this what with being as pissed as a fart too. here is a vid of styx performing hold me close at the village tavern duntocher. film on a casio exilim camera and recorded with sony stereo mic on the mbr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZqPQ7DUPBE
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I'll have to get a look at this later.

Lol!

Ger arf, yer shite!

Good old Scots critics!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wiley

It might have been a nightmare, but you did great.  Sounds like it would have been fun to be there in person.

Super 8

hooper

Great field recording! 
What is involved getting the audio from the M-BR and video from your digital camera to play in-sync?
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

guitarron

he opted for the les paul this time eh
nice job by you both

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteGreat field recording!
What is involved getting the audio from the M-BR and video from your digital camera to play in-sync?
1. trying to stay sober.
2. i used ulead video studio 9.
3. i mported the video into that, splet the aadio and deleted it, the imported the mp3 of the recording from the mbr into it. takes ages to get it in synd tho, but trimmed sound file in cool pro edit. then moved it around till in sync.

my camara is a casio exilim and its sound is ok but you have no control over it. the video file is pretty darn good re quality and timing. my old cheapo digital camera was impossible to sync as video file was  not good re timing, was a bit like trying to sync elastic tapes. does that make sense.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 11, 2009, 05:41:40 AMwas a bit like trying to sync elastic tapes. does that make sense.

Wait..... I need half a bottle of brandy...... 

Ah yesh mush cleerer!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hooper

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a real lash up but resulted in much better audio than most Youtube videos. I will have to look into ulead video studio.  ;)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE