Brighter Day - andy casson

Started by andy casson, January 25, 2014, 01:51:52 AM

andy casson

Brighter Day v1 128kbs
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Still in mobile tethering hell...annother song started back rn October...attempt to get in touch with my folk side and write a bit of a protest/commentary on the times...before reverting to rnr
enjoy :)

Brighter Day
Andy Casson
17th October 2013
There are rules for all and one
It seems you broke every one
To my eyes your lies are done
I work for my bread and pay
It buys less everyday
In my eyes it slips away

How can this be, how can you sleep?
How can we hope to guide a child?

These times are a loaded gun
One slip and we come undone
In my eyes your tale has run
So many live hand to mouth
So many lives all washed out
To my eyes you've brought us down

How can this be, how can you sleep?
How can we hope to guide each child?

Coda:
Pray for a brighter day

Redler

Wow!! Everything works fine here. Listened to this via headphones - sounds amazing! Loved the composition and arrangement; some brilliant additions on lead guitar... Top class production, as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Wow! Andy! How you push these epic songs out so fast? You never cease to amaze me.

Another rocker with great lyrics and guitar solos. Just my kinda song all around. You rock!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SwanSong

hi Andy well done once again .especially loved the lyrics
how they flowed. so well . and of course you re sinign
is always s great . 2 thumbs up Neil.!

Oldrottenhead

this is fabulous andy, everything about it is standout, but for me it's the lyrics and fragile vocal delivery that just take it up too another level. got the hairs up on the back of my neck. powerful stuff indeed.

pipod bound. like eric says you push out these epic songs so fast, but imho with this one you kicked the ball out of the park.

FMGWABP!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SharksDontSleep

Love the guitars & percussion.
Great vocals too.
Ooh ... just got to the bit where the bass kicks in.
Reminds me of Peter Gabriel ... a bit ... An influence perhaps?
8)

Ferryman

Excellent Andy, a very polished piece of work. Didn't actually feel that "folky" to me, I also got a Gabriel vibe. The way it builds is excellent, very nice dynamics and the lead guitar at the end is fabulous. I like the way it drops out with just the acoustic chords and then comes back in for a really clever ending. Like Jim said, the vocal performance is excellent and overall the production is great as well, it doesn't get muddy as more stuff comes into the mix.

A lot to like here. Very well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Another fabulous song Andy. The vocal delivery are really good and the guitar solo are played with feeling and fit the mood of the song.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

First class Andy, Well done.........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs