Killer Guitarist

Started by Blooby, March 08, 2009, 06:18:53 PM

Blooby

I have been a fanatic of Michael Landau for years and just wanted to share.  I know the mix is rough on this, but try to stick it out until his solo at about 1:25.  Crikey, this drummer likes cymbals.  Who knew Keith Moon had his own school of percussion?

Landau has played with everybody from Miles Davis to Joni Mitchell and has fronted The Raging Honkies, Burning Water, and his own trio (vocal bands more in the vein of the video you're watching).  He's equally adept at ballads as he is with his Hendrixy wanking (I say that with the utmost respect).  His voice takes some getting used to, though.  The more time that goes by, the more I think Scott Henderson sounds like him (They are buddies).

Cheers.

Blooby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3l7UZc2bJI

BossMicroBRew

That's what I like about this site; being introduced to new stuff quite frequently and enjoying what others enjoy. I have never heard of this guy, but it seems maybe I should have at some point. Thanks for the intro; def a fan of this guy's talent.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Ferryman

Not a great fan of the musical style but he sure can play. Like the way he switches between plectrum and fingers - cool!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR