ChromeDragon #6 (Creepy... my fav so far)

Started by dragonshade, March 08, 2009, 12:34:50 PM

dragonshade

ChromeDragon 6
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Heya guys... here is #6. This one has another "creepy" feel to it... I can see zombies running through the streets lol... could call it "Dance of the Dead", but then again it's very open to interpretation, pls give me your vibe on it.

I really like this one, and it's my current favorite of the bunch, but wonder if I get too into the mutliple melody/harmonies at times. The wife loves it though, and says no. Chrome has been busy and hasn't heard 5 or this one lol... he's in for a treat.

As I was building this I lost a lot of the synth, but remixed it back at the end. Between the 6 or so guitars in parts doing mutliple melody double harmonies, and the syth doing third melodies at the same time in parts this gets a little crazy. I think it adds to the chaotic, creepy feel of it though.

SE

Excellent, got to agree your best to date. Crying out for vocals, hip hop or some sort of metal or maybe both anyway really good song.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Guitar-Maniac

man, this is pretty damn melodic, i like it.
Good stuff man!
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Ferryman

Like it a lot. You've got some great harmonies going on with the guitar, it works well with the slightly dissonant backing track. Not much I would change about this. This one has film soundtrack music screaming at me, whereas some of the others feel more like they could be made into "songs" with a bit of rearrangement. I like the way this one builds and keeps the strong melody going.

You could take all this stuff in many directions. Keep us posted on developments (and I will get on to working on #1 when I am back from my travels).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

A great title for this would be 'Danse Macabre'... it's a creepy and zombified epic! Your stuff is so cinematic - a film director's dream. And yes - probably the best one yet, but it's a strong body of work you're building here. Excellent.

lg

Dude!!!

This rocks!!!
This is awesome. But it IS just SCREAMing out for vocals.
Bravo!
I also agree this is your best to date.
This needs to go onto my mp3 player..... Now, where did I put that
darn usb cable...

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

knniggits

The guitars have got a recent maiden feel to them,i think layering the guitars like this is the way forward.
Best one yet  ;D
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

dragonshade

SE and GM...  Thanks a lot guys :D We are trying for something on vocals. I agree, we need something, just don't know what til we find it.

Nigel... As always great to see you. Yes I know what you mean. I was afraid I was getting carried away with the melodies and harmonies, but the more I hear this the more I love it, and no I see I did not. We will have to do more like this. PM me when you get back.

Greeny... Always an honor to have you listening to our music. That is a very cool name. Lol, it is becoming a body of work isn't it, and it is thrilling to be quite honest. Thanks.

LG... LOL, you make me smile, so glad you like man. Hopefully some vocals will be coming soon.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Talking to Chrome today I know he is reading all the posts, and should be joining the forum in the coming days. His music isn't made on the MBR, but is loaded into it, and his/our songs created there, also I know a few people had questions about what he does so.... I told him you all already knew him (at least his songs), and he was welcome ;). He finished a new track he/we had started weeks ago... plus I have almost a whole disc worth still to work with :-\ (though #7 is in the works, it has a weird, different, almost Egyptian feel so far ???)... I'm going to be busy.

Oh.... AND Acoustick_NE said he would try some vocals for us :) (Which I am personally THRILLED about), so that may be up-coming also :).

Ray

Wiley

Not sure how I missed this the first time around on posts but WOW it is great.  Not totally creepy.  But some devilish person definately at work.  Hope to hear the finished song with vocals etc.  It definatley needs them.  some evil chant. LOL

guitarron

this is cool-a kid rock type of vocal would sound great in there

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis