WTF - Part VIII

Started by Blooby, March 08, 2009, 10:02:38 AM

Blooby

SynthEX3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was cleaning up my BR-1600 for an upcoming jam night and stumbled upon this odd, out-of-character piece of music.  Although I can't recall, I assume I did this right after I got my MicroKorg Synth/Dr. Who noisemaker.  I put some flu/fever-influenced and mostly-tasteless guitar (starting at about the 60 second mark or so) on it last night and mixed it down right before I fell asleep.  I know it really needs a re-mix, but I was more interested in creating hard drive space, so I think I wiped it already.  I guess it is what it is, but it makes me want to dance like Dieter.  

I'm guessing at some of the the gear: BR-1600, el cheapo Squier Telecaster I've fallen I love with over other neglected guitars, Behringer V-Amp Pro (for the lead), M-Audio Black Box (for the clean arpeggios), MicroKorg, Ebow, and a combination of Nyquil, Comtrex, and Tussin DM.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Very excellent, jazzy, dare I say it-proggy.  Cool sounding guitar lead, very nice playing.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Blooby on March 08, 2009, 10:02:38 AMmakes me want to dance like Dieter. 

Blooby

a combination of Nyquil, Comtrex, and Tussin DM

lol-the imagery of deiter-too funny
very different in a good way-that little microkorg sounds trippy
like the tasty licks at the end-tele sounds great
i have a japanese made 1987 ish strat with a locking trem-some of these squiers are fantasic

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

This is very trippy. Reminds me a bit of the German band 'Can', and their prog-psychedelic stuff. It's really, really good though. Way too good to have lost on a hard drive! A good find, I think  :)

Ferryman

I like this a lot - as Greeny said, quite Can-like (I'm a huge Can fan). Lots of nice stuff going on here, well worth a re-mix IMO.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kody

I like it too!! Makes me wander what "WTF parts I-VI" sound like~ :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

lg

Yes!
I like it!
Hey Blooby we want more!
I agree Bluesberry, very 'proggy'!
Well I do believe that your flu medicine did its job well on your guitar playing for the lead solo, I only hope that it was properly effective in aiding your cold/flu!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Excellent piece of music all round too good to discard. Ive got a squier tele too but can,t play as well as you once again well done
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

WTF IS RIGHT! 

doing some diving this morning.... this is absolutely great guitar work...not to mention a cool track vibe overall... killer by Blooby

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rob Grant

WOW!! Loved this soft funk groove...Your guitar work is wild...I absolutely was blown away by your performance. Tele's are GREAT!!
"The road to hell is paved with good intents"